PDA

View Full Version : Please help ><

ChiBChombo
08-03-06, 12:30 PM
Hello, I'm having a huge problem. Last night I was working fine on my comp, and now this morning when I try turning it on, it stops at the "Microsoft Windows XP" loading screen and then a blue screen comes up saying there was a problem, I can't read it cus it dissapears right away, and my computer restarts. But I can't get it to get past the screen... Please help me, I've tried turning it off etc but keeps doing it.

MUYA
08-03-06, 12:39 PM
Try booting into safe mode by pressing F8 during bootup. then try uninstalling anything u had installed just before the BSODs etc its going to take time to work out what is causing the problems

ChiBChombo
08-03-06, 01:12 PM
Safe mode wont start either

MUYA
08-03-06, 01:14 PM
What do u mean? won't start? If you tried to safe boot but couldn't do that then there is fundamental problem, By going to safe mode, you would be trying to see if a specific driver or maybe program was the root cause. If even then, you cannot get into safe mode desktop, either your hardware is not working or your installation of windows has become corrupt.

And you started this thread in the wrong section.

ChiBChombo
08-03-06, 01:16 PM
I didnt know where else to start it, plz help me

MUYA
08-03-06, 01:20 PM
Can you get to desktop in safemode?

ChiBChombo
08-03-06, 01:24 PM
No, tried Safemode, Old working configuration settings, etc... It stops at halfway the "loading windows XP" bar and the blue screen comes up. Last time error was MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and now i got another saying some VOLUME thing... Then it restarts, and does the same thing. Can't get to desktop

MUYA
08-03-06, 01:28 PM
What is your hardware setup?

ChiBChombo
08-03-06, 02:19 PM
A8N 32 Sli Asus motherboard, 7900 GTX 512MB x2 video card, 2 GB Corsair RAM, forgot the rest ><

ChiBChombo
08-03-06, 10:41 PM
Ok I fixed the problem, but my sound card isn't working now. The computer is not even detecting it... Its working with Onboard sound now but it wont detect the X-Fi one... I cant install a driver or anything cus it says I don't have the hardware for it...

Any idea?