PDA

View Full Version : Command and Conquer: Generals MUSIC???

jake_maveric_05
08-03-06, 07:20 PM
Hey, does anyone know how to get the music from Command and Conquer Generals, without having to buy the Soundtrack?

I want the Main Theme song and opening moving song from that game, but i can get the music. I've looked for someone who has it, but i can find anyone.

Can anyone help?

nutcrackr
08-03-06, 08:00 PM
You just need a program called XCC Universal Container Reader (http://planetcnc.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Generals.Detail&id=442) to extract the sounds from the packaged file.

I did it to get the music too (nana2)

jake_maveric_05
08-03-06, 09:49 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! It took me a while to find the right file i wanted, but i got the songs i want!!! I LOVE THESE SONGS!!!

Now.... if only i could find the guitar tabs for the songs...... darn. (nana2) :headbang:

Gaco
08-04-06, 04:40 AM
While you're doing that, you can listen to some of the tracks from the website of the guy who made the music - Bill Brown :)

http://billbrownmusic.com/musicG4.htm

Man that really brings back the memories.. Generals is one of the greatest games in the history of games as far as I'm concerned because it's one of the games I have played the for the longest period before putting it on the dusty shelf. If I recall this correctly I played it for 1 year and 4 months before the problems with cheating, disconnecting and lag finally got me, plus Zero Hour kinda ruined Generals IMO.

Anyway I sold Generals some time ago, so I can't extract the music myself but actually I'd love to have it. Can one of you guys share it with me please? Preferably FRAC encoding, but high quality MP3 is good as well :)

Rieper
08-06-06, 10:02 AM
Man that really brings back the memories.. Generals is one of the greatest games in the history of games as far as I'm concerned <snip>

As far as I'm concerned, the game which you have as your avatar is the greatest game I've played.

NOTHING, has ever come close to the feeling I got playing Deus EX. It really felt like you were IN that world environment.

On the other hand, C&C Generals was just flat out fun to play...I developed carpal tunnel playing that game so much.

Gaco
08-06-06, 01:15 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the game which you have as your avatar is the greatest game I've played.

NOTHING, has ever come close to the feeling I got playing Deus EX. It really felt like you were IN that wolrd environment.

On the other hand, C&C Generals was just flat out fun to play...I developed carpal tunnel playing that game so much.

Sure but it's two totally different types of games and experiences altogether. What I really appreciated about Generals was as mentioned the (for my myself) an extremely long durability - one only RTS game and MMORPG seemningly possess. But yeah Deux Ex was totally unique, and if I had to go back in time and only give myself one of these to games to play, It would be Deus Ex ;)

Apart from that, I'm still interested in someone sharing the extracted Generals music :)