PDA

View Full Version : Shutdown problem with Logitech iTouch

SkaGuy3876
02-11-03, 09:12 PM
After installing the latest verison of iTouch for my Logitech Elite Keyboard, Windows takes 2-3 minutes to shutdown. After unistalling it, no problem. Anyone know why this is happening? Thanks.

jAkUp
02-11-03, 09:53 PM
i usually never touch logitech drivers... i find them to be pretty poor

good hardware... bad drivers

SkaGuy3876
02-11-03, 11:16 PM
Well, the media and web buttons only work with the iTouch software. So anyone know why or a way to get the shutdown problem fixed? Thanks.

SavagePaladin
02-12-03, 02:17 PM
You're telling me my KEYBOARD drivers are the problem?

wierd o.O

(virtually same system as you)

Sazar
02-12-03, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by SkaGuy3876
Well, the media and web buttons only work with the iTouch software. So anyone know why or a way to get the shutdown problem fixed? Thanks.

if this the cordless version ?

I normally update all my drivers to the latest version but have kept my original device drivers for my cordless duo... mainly because with the NEW drivers I get certain errors... heck even starting the computer sometimes my input devices are not recognized... this is on the boot screen itself... so I just reboot from there...

concerning your problem I would seriously consider trying out a couple of different driver sets for the logitech KB and see if that helps... thats the only thing I can think of @ this stage... its obviously a driver error apparently...

the other thing you can do is to ctrl+alt+del and manually shutdown the itouch software from your processes that are running... and THEN shut down :)

but installing the proper drivers (deleting the folder as well mind) should make things work fine for you...

SkaGuy3876
02-12-03, 02:23 PM
I emailed logitech and they said they are working on a solution. I tried the older version of iTouch that came on the CD. That works fine except for the media buttons. So I guess Ill stick with that until logitech fixes the problem with a new version of iTouch.

And I am using the corded elite keyboard with the cordless mx700 mouse that Ive had for a few weeks.

Sazar
02-12-03, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by SkaGuy3876
I emailed logitech and they said they are working on a solution. I tried the older version of iTouch that came on the CD. That works fine except for the media buttons. So I guess Ill stick with that until logitech fixes the problem with a new version of iTouch.

And I am using the corded elite keyboard with the cordless mx700 mouse that Ive had for a few weeks.

I have the cordless version... I am saving my pennies for a hammer cpu... and a related mobo... perhaps then I will buy a new iteration OR the old one of the mx700... thats a sweet looking little baby :)

my computer is practically all wireless so might as well keep the trend :)

btw I use 2 mice on my one rig... intellimouse via USB and the elite duo mouse which i use when lying in bed watching tele :)

brannonk
02-14-03, 06:42 AM
I had the exact same problem with the logitech elite keyboard when I used the latest version of iTouch. If your keyboard came with version 2.0. That should work well. When I used the keyboard and mouse drivers on the iTouch CD my problems with shutdown went away. Check and see what revision your cd is. If you do not have revision 2.0 let me know and I will make an ISO of it and you can grab it off my ftp server.