PDA

View Full Version : Headphone Settings Dilemma - help!

Gaco
08-04-06, 09:52 AM
Ok so I got these Sennheiser 595 Headphones some time ago and I love them. But I have have discovered that some music and certain music nuances sound a lot better when speaker settings are set to 7.1 surround, possibly also other surround settings. Can I calibrate the headphone setting so it sound just as good if not better, and how do I do this? I'm tired of switching back and forth when I'm hearing rock music and playing games :D

Smokey
08-04-06, 12:06 PM
I think some people used to sat that cmss setting in the creative control helped give a surround sound effect to headhones which some people liked.

Gaco
08-07-06, 06:25 AM
It's not that I'm missing surround effect when the setting is set to "headphones", it's more that certain tones (many tones) sound more clear with the surround setting. CMSS setting? I'll have to look for it then..

nVidi0t
08-07-06, 11:46 AM
Gaco, you using the Audigy 2 ZS still? Yep, I'm afraid the headphone setting is borked. I always ran my 590's through my Audigy 2 front bay on the 2.1 speaker setting. The headphone setting with the audigy line sounds absolutely awful. I would really invest in an x-fi, headphone performance is ngiht and day between the two.

Gaco
08-08-06, 02:52 PM
Gaco, you using the Audigy 2 ZS still? Yep, I'm afraid the headphone setting is borked. I always ran my 590's through my Audigy 2 front bay on the 2.1 speaker setting. The headphone setting with the audigy line sounds absolutely awful. I would really invest in an x-fi, headphone performance is ngiht and day between the two.

Aw man I'm sorry to hear that because I have absolutely no money for an X-Fi right now :cry:

Don't you have any suggestions besides changing soundcard? You don't think the onboard would be any better right?

Gaco
08-10-06, 04:57 AM
Wow the 2.1 settings indeed is the best. God damnit, I'm gonna have to buy an X-Fi. But there are so many versions :confused:

I'm gonna make a new topic..