PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried about my X-Connect PSU

sirplayalot
08-04-06, 10:49 AM
Ok, I've been reading a lot on Power Supplies and it seems that the X2 I have been running my A64 system on (see specs below) is really just a time bomb waiting to go off. I am worried about building a Conroe system with it (still waiting on mobo). I have been running it for months no with no problem but I dont want to plug this sucker into my new setup and have everything go bye bye! Do you think I should just go ahead and upgrade my PSU before I build my Conroe PC?

sirplayalot
08-04-06, 02:21 PM
UPDATE: I called Ultra about the issue and they said they can give me $59.99 off of any Ultra product purchase. I was thinking of getting an X-Finity 600W model. Is this one any good?

stncttr908
08-04-06, 03:00 PM
I just bought a 500W X-Finity ($13 shipped after rebate?!?) and it's a pretty nice PSU. Stable rails.

saturnotaku
08-04-06, 05:32 PM
I just bought a 500W X-Finity ($13 shipped after rebate?!?) and it's a pretty nice PSU. Stable rails.

I have a similar PSU - the generation that came out right before the one you ordered. It's been great. Very stable, able to run anything I've thrown at it. They did well with that entire lineup.

sirplayalot
08-05-06, 12:01 AM
Do you guys think the X-Finity 600W with FlexForce cables is worth $60 from Ultra?

weeds
08-05-06, 02:00 AM
Do you guys think the X-Finity 600W with FlexForce cables is worth $60 from Ultra?

That PSU runs my rig and havent had any problems. (See sig) 2.85 for my CPU and 7900 GTX'S at 710/1800.

sirplayalot
08-05-06, 02:10 PM
That PSU runs my rig and havent had any problems. (See sig) 2.85 for my CPU and 7900 GTX'S at 710/1800.

Nice, I might have to get this then.

DataMatrix
08-05-06, 08:15 PM
My PSU is ATX12V v1.3 and my motherboard is ATX12V v2.0, plugged it all in and works.

Brilliant eh? ;)

snilloconator
08-06-06, 07:34 AM
Well I had an X-connect and it was plain junk. Lasted about one month before the led fan went out. Then followed by very unstable rails. Then pooof! It was the first and last ultra in my household. But then again I could of just purchased a lemon....

Bearclaw
08-06-06, 11:17 AM
Well I had an X-connect and it was plain junk. Lasted about one month before the led fan went out. Then followed by very unstable rails. Then pooof! It was the first and last ultra in my household. But then again I could of just purchased a lemon....

I have heard so many stories like that. Maybe I should get rid of my Ultra X2 before I leave for college, It would suck to have it go out one night while writing a paper. Is it mainly having problems because of it being modular or what? If so, are there any non-moular PSU's with flex cables? What do you guys reccommend?

MaXThReAT
08-06-06, 11:18 AM
I had the first gen of the X-connect 500w. Worse PSU I've ever owned. First off it lacked UL certification. Very unstable rails and when you would flip the power switch on the PSU it would flood the system with power and back off. Fans would flicker and it would basically power up the PC for split second. The LEDs went out and each time you connect and disconnect the cables it builds up resistance. I can honestly say I didn't do my research on it before buying. I would never recommend one to anyone. Lots of people had problems with the 500w. After ripping off so many people on junk PSUs they might be able to put together an okay product now but I will never buy from them again. I attempted to put together a group lawsuit against them but it fell through.

sirplayalot
08-06-06, 12:15 PM
But these are all about the first gen 500W X Connects, correct? I have heard great things abour the X-Finity series.