PDA

View Full Version : what vid game should I play now (non FPS)

ynnek
08-04-06, 12:02 PM
What vid game should I play now? Thats not a FPS game.. I want to take a break from them.. Although I want to try out the new GRAW patch.

I also want to take a break from NWN in general.. Don't want to burn myself out by the time NWN2 comes out in October.

I was looking at SpellForce 2.. as a RPG(hack and slash)/RTS game.

Are there any good recent RTS games out there? I haven't played them for ages.

Or Hitman 2 may sounmd interesting, after playing the deo... well.. i dunno for some reason.

If I was going to play a racing game, it would be a sim, but just don't feel like sinking in time in one really.. Maybe if GTR2 comes out.

I may just wait a week and wait for Darkstar One.. Sounds cool, and always like a good space sim game..

I don't feel like getting into a MMORPG either. Although I never quite finished Guild Wars(yea i know not really a true MMO), but I can't motivate myself to get back into it. Have no desire to get wrapped into a MMO.

Becoming
08-04-06, 12:16 PM
rts-Rise of Legends
hack 'n slash-Titan Quest

Those will keep you busy for a while. :)

mcolbourn
08-07-06, 06:08 AM
I would also say Titan Quest! I have been playing it for a few days and it has even stopped me playing World of Warcraft (at last I have found a game to stop me playing it (pirate) ).

Also Lord of the Rings Battle For Middle earth 2 is a good game but a bit slow prgress at times.

zampe
08-07-06, 08:07 AM
Silent Hunter III, tried them again for a xxxx time

stncttr908
08-07-06, 08:24 AM
I'm playing Rush For Berlin and enjoying it. FlatOut 2 looks pretty awesome for some destructive racing. The aforementioned Titan's Quest should keep you busy for a while.

K007
08-07-06, 08:41 AM
Finishing TRL/Prey/Condemend/Dreamfall(not likely..changed the gameplay..and it sucks..should have stucked to the original idea and just worked on the story..its just so stupid now..combat is the dumbest **** i have eva seen..)

Gaco
08-07-06, 09:50 AM
Play Fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy if you haven't played this one. Still one of the best games since Half-Life 2 and Halo 2 in recent memory IMO :)

Also you should have a look at Freespace 2, just search the gaming central there is a good thread there you can read through in order to determine if it's your kind of game. Trust me, space sims is not my kind of genre either, but the Freespace series had me by the nuts ;)

ENU291
08-07-06, 10:04 AM
Play Fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy if you haven't played this one. Still one of the best games since Half-Life 2 and Halo 2 in recent memory IMO :)

Also you should have a look at Freespace 2, just search the gaming central there is a good thread there you can read through in order to determine if it's your kind of game. Trust me, space sims is not my kind of genre either, but the Freespace series had me by the nuts ;)
I really enjoyed Indigo Prophecy until I got towards the end. Things just start getting crazy! :retard:

nekrosoft13
08-07-06, 10:57 AM
indigo is very hard to play with keyboard, just heads up

Bearclaw
08-07-06, 02:34 PM
What vid game should I play now? Thats not a FPS game.. I want to take a break from them.. Although I want to try out the new GRAW patch.

I also want to take a break from NWN in general.. Don't want to burn myself out by the time NWN2 comes out in October.

I was looking at SpellForce 2.. as a RPG(hack and slash)/RTS game.

Are there any good recent RTS games out there? I haven't played them for ages.

Or Hitman 2 may sounmd interesting, after playing the deo... well.. i dunno for some reason.

If I was going to play a racing game, it would be a sim, but just don't feel like sinking in time in one really.. Maybe if GTR2 comes out.

I may just wait a week and wait for Darkstar One.. Sounds cool, and always like a good space sim game..

I don't feel like getting into a MMORPG either. Although I never quite finished Guild Wars(yea i know not really a true MMO), but I can't motivate myself to get back into it. Have no desire to get wrapped into a MMO.

I agreew with you on hitman 2. I have been at stores 3 or 4 times and been tempted to buy but didn't. Just didn't know if it was worth it. Does anyone have this game, and if so, is it worth getting?

Gaco
08-07-06, 09:06 PM
I really enjoyed Indigo Prophecy until I got towards the end. Things just start getting crazy! :retard:

I think it stayed interesting and that's just my opinion :):)

|MaguS|
08-07-06, 09:23 PM
Spellforce 2 rocks, I would recomdend it .

jAkUp
08-07-06, 10:29 PM
flatout 2!

flukester
08-08-06, 11:24 AM
Rise of Legends blows imo, I'll play Rise of Nations but man what a mistake I made getting Legends.. I much more prefer the openness of RON. In Legends I especially hate how you build military addons and it keeps spewing out soldiers. I also hate how the city is so crowded.

Titans Quest is awesome to say the least but I'm quite upset I haven't seen a followup yet for it, expansion wise. Finished TQ twice, no interest in Epic or Legendary because the story is the same and the monsters are stupidly beefed up. I tried playing Epic but I just lose interest so quickly.

Spellforce 2, been curious on that title but the mix of RPG and RTS kinda scares me in terms of capturing my interest. I haven't bought it because I don't want to fork out the money for something that might be not my flavour of game.

Hitman 2 is pretty cool game although I haven't finished it because the save feature blows, you can't come back to a partially complete mission. The menu screens lag like hell and when you die you are like trapped where the ESC key barely even recognizes it's being pressed. The missions however are pretty interesting and takes you to a lot of places. I've done most of the game just by strangling people. The only real reason I haven't done it yet is simply having to start from scratch everytime I load up. It also says you have 7 saves but yet only 3 entries show up in the list to save to. Game is buggy, but it is fun, if you can put up with the retarded save game feature. Previous Hitmans worked so much better for saving, I can't believe they could F it up so much.

Some other games of interest maybe you'd look at

Civ 4 - Warlords
Empires - Dawn of the Modern Era
Empire Earth II - Art of Supremacy
TOCA 3
C&C Generals Zero Hour
AOE 3, although I hate it.

ynnek
08-09-06, 01:11 PM
thanks for the reply's.. although I'm back playing GRAW online now, on the BDA server (beerdrinkingassassins.com). They got a great server going there.

If I get around, I'm going to try the darkstar one demo, and decide if I'm going to get that game when it comes out in about a week or so. If not, I'll probably continue playing GRAW, and maybe a few NWN campagins, until NWN2 comes out.. and probably GTR2. and then about that time,a whole slew of new games will be out then too for the xmas frenzy.

JohnEJohn
08-09-06, 01:21 PM
Hmm some suggestions from what I have played been playing recently and enjoyed the most

Fahrenheit
Dreamfall
Sim city 4 deluxe
Age of Empires III
Moment of silence (brilliant plot, very well thought out game)

As you can tell i'm maybe a little bias to story driven games :P