PDA

View Full Version : New X-Fi mode changer v 1.4

Lazaredz
08-04-06, 05:04 PM
Get it here (http://www.freewebs.com/spectra9/xfmc.html)

superklye
08-04-06, 06:17 PM
Have you used it? If so, how is it? I have to say, I'm quite intrigued.

weeds
08-04-06, 06:33 PM
Nice, Gonna give 1.4 a go. Its nice to be able to create profiles for different apps. Give it a try superklye. I really like it, been useing it since the first release.

egyteam
08-04-06, 06:43 PM
good program, create profiles for different apps so you don't have every time to open the console and change modes. I used it from the first day I got my X-Fi

superklye
08-04-06, 06:56 PM
All right, sweet deal. I'll give it a whirl. :)

superklye
08-04-06, 10:25 PM
I gotta say...I really, REALLY like this thing a lot.

Wolfhound
08-05-06, 07:16 AM
IŽll have to download when I get home

Neophyte
08-05-06, 08:58 AM
simple and works great...

CaptNKILL
08-05-06, 01:37 PM
I dont think I've ever even changed the modes on mine, but I guess I could always try it...

Is there any reason to use anything but game mode if I dont do any audio editing?

Neophyte
08-05-06, 02:35 PM
I dont think I've ever even changed the modes on mine, but I guess I could always try it...

Is there any reason to use anything but game mode if I dont do any audio editing?

Entertainment mode is much richer in sounds for some reason (entertainment?)

Game mode is just that... EAX support etc...

Never used audio (creation mode / editing myself.

So to put it short

Game mode for game's (Doh)
Entertainment mode for Desktop use (Doohhh)
And for watching dvd or any digital stuff you just change input (DTS/Dolby)

jolle
08-05-06, 02:53 PM
Scroll down alot on this page and you got a little table of what the different modes do and offer.
http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/multimedia/creative-x-fi.html

Lazaredz
08-05-06, 03:58 PM
I think the main change (for me) is the drag and drop ability to add programs to profiles.

Yeah I just pretty much have the system default to Enterainment and just drag and drop my game.exe shortcuts into the profile. Switches over when the game starts and back to entertainment when I log out. Ready to DVD, TV, or iTunes.

Creative should hire this guy!

Neophyte
08-05-06, 04:11 PM
Creative should hire this guy! A program this small in size that make's all the diffrence is like you said ''should not be unnoticed by...'' :D

I don't have to worry about things anymore.... just start something and GO...
With Creative's default drivers you launch a game and think... o dork i forgot to put it on game mode''switching back to desktop :spank: and return ingame''. But not anymore :D

I pop up a game and hear the Switch going inside my Elite pro pod.. and thinking it's allright :D

Going to play some css now ^^ Just added Steam.exe to the ''add'' list and it switches.