Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition
Halo 2
Halo 2 Map Pack
1 Additonal Wireless Controller
1 Wireless Network Adaptor
12 Month Subscription Card for Xbox Live
1 Plug & Charge Kit

I think I"m set. May take back DoA4 and PD0 since, despite good reviews from gamespot.com, people seem not to like those titles to get Dead Rising and Saint's Row which come out later this month. Then October it's one with RB6: Vegas, SC-DA, CoD3 and GoW - FPS heaven.

It's always good to wait 1 year after system launch! Just sucks I don't have a HighDef TV (yet)

Quick question: What do the 1600 points for Marketplace do? Can't I just use a CC and pay for stuff online?

Bearclaw
08-05-06, 11:47 PM
Nice job. Enjoy it. I don't have one but I hear they are awesome.

GamerGuyX
08-05-06, 11:54 PM
Quick question: What do the 1600 points for Marketplace do? Can't I just use a CC and pay for stuff online?

No you have to use real money to buy Microsoft points. The points can go towards such things as Xbox Live Arcade games, new background themes, gamer pictures, etc.

Yeah and you are most definitely missing out on half the experience without some sort of high-def display.

oldsk00l
08-06-06, 12:23 AM
Xbox Premium Package
Dead or Alive 4
Tomb Raider Legends
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition
Halo 2
Halo 2 Map Pack
1 Additonal Wireless Controller
1 Wireless Network Adaptor
12 Month Subscription Card for Xbox Live
1 Plug & Charge Kit

I think I"m set. May take back DoA4 and PD0 since, despite good reviews from gamespot.com, and get Dead Rising and Saint's Row which come out later this month. Then October it's one with RB6: Vegas, SC-DA, CoD3 and GoW - FPS heaven.

It's always good to wait 1 year after system launch! Just sucks I don't have a HighDef TV (yet)

Waiting was probably the right move, as now you're jumping into a solid collection of good stuff. Plus if you get bored of the games, the marketplace has demos as well. I like it because for the first time on a console I can just go download a demo to see if the game is worth it. That's how I ended up with Quake4, with the talk about framerate issues I found it to just be a mountain out of a molehill, turned out to be pretty good just the same.

Plus, we all got to try out Dead Rising, imho that game makes the system purchase worth it by itself.

Bearclaw
08-06-06, 12:29 AM
Is is worth it staying with PC gaming or investing in a Xbox 360? PC's graphics are so much better so I don't see why people go insane over a xbox 360.

dwhjr77
08-06-06, 12:42 AM
Is is worth it staying with PC gaming or investing in a Xbox 360? PC's graphics are so much better so I don't see why people go insane over a xbox 360.

Do both. I'll be saying hi to PS3 in 2007 this time too! FFXIII, MGS4, RE5 ftw

GamerGuyX
08-06-06, 12:50 AM
Do both. I'll be saying hi to PS3 in 2007 this time too! FFXIII, MGS4, RE5 ftw

Don't forget that RE5 is also coming to 360.

1337_Like_ThaT
08-06-06, 08:41 AM
Congrats on the purchase, dont forget to download DeadRising demo while your at it ;)

dwhjr77
08-06-06, 09:37 AM
Congrats on the purchase, dont forget to download DeadRising demo while your at it ;)

Yep downloading that and Saint's Row now. Gotta get some Arcade games for the lady too, but 400 points per game? Goodness.

So far, I'm going to stick with GRAW and Tomb Raider. Kameo and Dead or Alive are meh/bleh. Halo 2 will take up most of my time probably. I played it on Xbox 1 but never finished it since people kept inviting me to play online. This time I'm going to finish it!

Gamertag: RaZeus

saturnotaku
08-06-06, 09:55 AM
Congrats on your purchase. I wasn't entirely certain at the time I bought mine if I would enjoy it, but after playing PGR 3, Burnout, Prey, and now Dead Rising, I know it was worth every cent. :D

dwhjr77
08-06-06, 11:24 AM
Congrats on your purchase. I wasn't entirely certain at the time I bought mine if I would enjoy it, but after playing PGR 3, Burnout, Prey, and now Dead Rising, I know it was worth every cent. :D

Yep. The only disappointing thing is the lack of platform games in the likes of Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Mario-esque. 360 seems to be filled to the brim with FPS's. Can't blame MS though since that's what is driving LIVE sales.

LiquidX
08-06-06, 11:33 AM
Kameo is a great platformer and I'am sure more like that are on the way, dont give up on that game by the way. Enjoy your purchase and download all those demos.:)

oldsk00l
08-06-06, 12:11 PM
Kameo is probably the best platformer I've ever played.

Quality over quantity I guess.

And as for why people go insane over a 360, once you try Dead Rising you'd understand.

Gaco
08-06-06, 12:44 PM
You shouldn't forget to have a look at Oblivion, Rockstar Presents Table Tennis, Condemned: Criminal Origins and GRAW :)

dwhjr77
08-06-06, 01:53 PM
You shouldn't forget to have a look at Oblivion, Rockstar Presents Table Tennis, Condemned: Criminal Origins and GRAW :)

I have Oblivion on PC...didn't really care for it after the first week of playing.
I'm a little put off the Saint's Row demo. I guess I played too much GTA on ps2. I think I'll pass on that and just focus on Dead Rising for this month.

GamerGuyX
08-06-06, 01:55 PM
I have Oblivion on PC...didn't really care for it after the first week of playing.
I'm a little put off the Saint's Row demo. I guess I played too much GTA on ps2. I think I'll pass on that and just focus on Dead Rising for this month.

:eek2:

dwhjr77
08-06-06, 02:04 PM
:eek2:

Got an issue?

Lfctony
08-06-06, 02:26 PM
My first game on the 360 was GRAW, absolutely amazing once I got my HDTV and my VGA cable. I have FNR3 on it's way, now that game looks next gen. Character models are amazing. And I'll be getting GoW in a couple of months. Plus anything nice that pops along. :) What I really have my eye on though is Mass Effect. Now that one is going to one amazing game.

Tony.

GamerGuyX
08-06-06, 04:09 PM
Got an issue?

IMO you have no taste in games.

Zelda_fan
08-06-06, 04:14 PM
Kameo is probably the best platformer I've ever played.

Quality over quantity I guess.

And as for why people go insane over a 360, once you try Dead Rising you'd understand.

Kameo was a great game, but it's got a ways to go before it can compete with games like Zelda and the FF series imho. Don't get me wrong, the franchise has a lot of potential, and maybe in sequels it'll get good, but I wouldn't say it was an amazing game.

GamerGuyX
08-06-06, 04:16 PM
Kameo was a great game, but it's got a ways to go before it can compete with games like Zelda and the FF series imho. Don't get me wrong, the franchise has a lot of potential, and maybe in sequels it'll get good, but I wouldn't say it was an amazing game.

Now if Nintendo made it...

oldsk00l
08-06-06, 04:38 PM

Different strokes, it wasn't as moving as some of the Zelda games, but it more than made up for it with its direct gameplay between the various elementals.

The story was pretty standard fare, fairy tale kingdom winning over, with the obligatory twist. For some reason the other characters didn't seem to connect as well as the characters in Ocarina. It's like you save the family members and then you don't see them again, where in Zelda they mattered much more.

I'd still take Kameo's gameplay over the Zelda games in a heartbeat though.

dwhjr77
08-06-06, 04:42 PM
IMO you have no taste in games.

And you judge this over 2 games?
Oblivion was water down to the fullest. It's not like I said I hate the game, I just said it just didn't really do it for me.
Saint's Row? Come on, Next gen doesn't mean copy another publisher's game to a T. I'm not saying it's not going to be a good game, I may even borrow it, but it's not high on my list as say..Splinter Cell or GoW.

Now Dead Rising...that's more like it...something different, yet not too different.

|MaguS|
08-06-06, 05:27 PM
dwhjr77, I agree with you on Saint's Row. I didn't enjoy it much also but for me its because I don't like GTA type games. Never enjoyed them much.

I would recommend picking up Burnout if you like Racing titles. Its a killer game...

dwhjr77
08-06-06, 06:17 PM
Been messing with my 360 all day basically, playing all the games on my list.
Picked up Geo Wars and Street Fighter off the arcade.

Question: Is CoD2 better on 360? I have/beat the PC version but never bothered with MP (odd occurance for me), but I hear CoD2 is where it's at for MP on Live. I'm doing GRAW Live now, prolly never touch the SP.

Does Oblivion run better on 360? Maybe I'll give it another go on 360 if it does.