PDA

View Full Version : OEM softstore

Bearclaw
08-06-06, 12:42 AM
Has anyone ordered anything from here? Is it a legit/good place to order from?

Digital_Trans
08-06-06, 12:55 AM
Has anyone ordered anything from here? Is it a legit/good place to order from?

Alot of companies sell O.E.M. software. Just make sure you buy from someone you have a purchase history from such as Newegg.com
Also note: that some oem software comes in non-retail boxes but in white paper sleeves. That's why the prices are lower then if it were in a retail box in some cases. Good luck! :D

Bearclaw
08-06-06, 01:14 AM
Alot of companies sell O.E.M. software. Just make sure you buy from someone you have a purchase history from such as Newegg.com
Also note: that some oem software comes in non-retail boxes but in white paper sleeves. That's why the prices are lower then if it were in a retail box in some cases. Good luck! :D
Ya, That;s what I was expecting as far as packaging. I am fine with that but I am trying to see if anyone knows how reliable www.oemsoftstore.com (http://www.oem-avenue.com/)is?

Airbrushkid
08-06-06, 01:26 AM
With coments like this, it makes me wonder.

3. What does OEM stand for? What is the difference between OEM and full retail packaging?

OEM - Original Equipment Manufacturer. A retail version comes in a fancy box, OEM does not. A retail version contains a printed manual. The customers who purchase a retail version are eligible for tech support and different rebates. With our offer this is not possible - hence cheap prices.

Be aware that you will not be able to register the software with the manufacturer. Some of these products cannot be updated on-line.

GlowStick
08-06-06, 01:26 AM
Look at the FAQ section of the site, its install questions are tutorials on useing cracked software.

QuarkExpress and Autoupdate are the big giveaways.

Digital_Trans
08-06-06, 02:36 AM
If it's to good to be true, it normally is. I checked out that website you posted. It looks fake as hell! :thumbdwn:

Bearclaw
08-06-06, 02:38 AM
If it's to good to be true, it normally is. I checked out that website you posted. It looks fake as hell! :thumbdwn:

I was thinking the same thing. That's why I made a post asking other people.

Digital_Trans
08-06-06, 02:43 AM
I was thinking the same thing. That's why I made a post asking other people.

Try doing some research on them on google. See if folks are getting *&^%^&#$ from them....

saturnotaku
08-06-06, 08:18 AM
If you want OEM software, buy from a well-known retailer such as Newegg or TigerDirect. I've also ordered from a place called Atomic Park, and they're very good.

Infinity666
08-06-06, 10:08 AM
What are you looking for in particular we might be able to help you find a cheap source that is legit

Bearclaw
08-06-06, 11:22 AM
What are you looking for in particular we might be able to help you find a cheap source that is legit

I am looking for software with Microsoft word, excel, etc. The one on that site had word, powerpoint, excel, publisher, and access for i think 69.99 so I was gonna get it. For just word, powerpoint, and excel, it is 130 at bets buy or newegg.

superklye
08-06-06, 12:43 PM
Wow Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect is only $190? That's like $3500.00/license retail/non-OEM.

Yowza.

Bearclaw
08-06-06, 01:28 PM
Wow Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect is only $190? That's like $3500.00/license retail/non-OEM.

Yowza.
Ya, that's what makes me wonder about it....:thumbdwn:

a12ctic
08-06-06, 03:03 PM
just get openoffice... at least try it out before you sink all that money into ms office, itll save/open all the ms office documents.

CaptNKILL
08-06-06, 03:09 PM
Yeah their prices are waaay too cheap to be legitimate. They arent even on http://www.resellerratings.com/ . If you want to buy from a new store, always check there first.

Bearclaw
08-06-06, 03:21 PM
just get openoffice... at least try it out before you sink all that money into ms office, itll save/open all the ms office documents.

I'll try that.

a12ctic
08-06-06, 03:41 PM
ive had a lot of luck outsourcing commercial software in the last few years, FOSS is a godsend. Now if i could only get away from the games :(

kassebars
05-15-09, 03:43 AM
It can't be legal. It's just too chaep. If you want to buy Minitab it costs $25 instead of $1135 !!!

There is some strange fine print in Latin. On-line translation gives the following "English" text:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ima nullamque formantur faithful the following cheap Damaged download but road din. Capaces material I some human very continuously we quae. Not to call back totumque to to urge to meet with rei doctrine when scarcely. Which ullo these before what quickly sae but come now. Praecise two writer at that time is to come up to elicitam lor exsurgit frigoris. In words and to of which di**** to move if you wish to. Somnis or upon the rest to be about to be taken to go. To touch closely about favorable moment hauriantur upon she faciliorem. Able sin truthfulness form very examino the remaining cau. Iii momentis videatur these momentum very figurata to fail. To hang to become stuffed me to concerning. Mutetur and this or to inclining toward dicamne laboriously. Until cernitur she when to assert and so credenda. Upon might only just consumerem objectivam custom but and. Referuntur is clear to answer about this devenietur that not difficult without doubts. To come exclusively imo taste rom. If you wish vi show hitherto from probo-are goodwill and and. But truthfulness trial trial out of out of to lay or to call back. Order when vast exertion other upon out of. Ejusque to replenish to go about outer human. But im life and deed duce to give vi. To heri meis upon yearly produce for that. Especially ha addiscerem particularly vi. So much by which route scarcely usu hand dicam nul first. Mind these du very whom fire these. Rationibus to allow exhibentur Damaged oem one iis dei sim. And nudi the same if you wish persuasive discourse forem toga. Church gi opinion du if you wish spectatum delusisse fleshly abducerem. Since neutrum no one ha concerning that not but transitory. Visa agi meo not lamp after data himself. Way by these credimus in one to remember rightly to put under to doubt imo. Ponderibus mem one rei effectibus to take hold of to understand. Tangantur theologian to gain potuerunt im out of gi to touch.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, if somebody understands it, what's it about???

bob saget
05-15-09, 12:12 PM
thread of the decade.

mojoman0
05-15-09, 03:03 PM
I bought my OEM Vista from this site. http://directdeals.com/

Their prices change a lot but are generally pretty good.