PDA

View Full Version : All WHITE SCREEN IN OBLIVION

Glolem
08-06-06, 12:54 AM
hey guys I will play and all i get is a white screen i can see shapes and suff but it looks like the brightness is turned allt he way up. the heakth bars are there i can see them great and the cross hairs are also there. I tried turning it down all the way to very low but did not help. I could see the intro movie just fine and the menus come up great.
I can run EQ2, WOW, BF2, i have the most updated drivers.

any help would be great

my system
Pentium 4 2.80
3 gigs of ram
raedon 9200 256 mb

SH64
08-06-06, 03:42 PM
Hmm your video card is too low for the game although it might sounds able to opreate it.
first i'd suggest upgrading your video card .. "if possible" to enjoy this game. your money would be better spent on a new one than extra 1gb RAM heh.

also .. did you try Oldblivion (http://www.oldblivion.com/)??

CaptNKILL
08-06-06, 05:46 PM
I dont think that video card is supported by the game. I'm pretty sure thats a directx 8 level card. Oldblivion might work though, give that a try.

Glolem
08-06-06, 11:24 PM
so you think i should get a video card that has a gig of ram on it. feel free to give me a sugestion of one since i i have only seen 512 cards in the store.

Becoming
08-06-06, 11:28 PM
so you think i should get a video card that has a gig of ram on it. feel free to give me a sugestion of one since i i have only seen 512 cards in the store.

No, he's saying you'd be better off with a bit less system memory and a better video card (since you have 3GB of ram which is a bit overkill).

Glolem
08-06-06, 11:34 PM
oh ok I was a little confused with his wording. yah i guesss i will just have to buy a new video card any one got any suggestions for a new AGP Card.

SH64
08-07-06, 12:14 AM
oh ok I was a little confused with his wording. yah i guesss i will just have to buy a new video card any one got any suggestions for a new AGP Card.
Whatever you can afford thats SM3.0 capable .. you can go up to a 7800GS.
if your budget is tight .. then i'd suggest a GeForce 6600.