PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to turn-based RPGs?

PtrToNull
02-12-03, 02:19 AM
Like Fallout I, II?

I really enjoyed those games, is everything becoming now real-time or what? While real-time is pretty cool, turn-based games involve a lot more strategy and planning IMO!

Any other good turn-based games out there?

Kruno
02-12-03, 02:29 AM
A whole bunch. www.spidweb.com

The Baron
02-12-03, 04:07 PM
Neverwinter Nights is turned based. It just makes it look real-time, but it's really not.

eL_PuSHeR
02-13-03, 05:28 AM
Just wait till they release Lionheart which is based on a new enhanced version of the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. character creation system from Fallout.

http://lionheart.blackisle.com/

I cannot wait...

P.S. The best thing about it is that it's a 2D game, so no great hardware will be required (hopefully).

DaveW
02-14-03, 01:51 PM
I heard a false rumor of a Fallout game for the gameboy advance. Shame its not true as that would rock!

The Baron
02-14-03, 04:03 PM
ARGH, that reminds me, I STILL have not played Fallout 2 or have been able to find it at any local store... YARGH. Fallout 1 with a friend of mine with me and him yelling at each other about what to do was GREAT. :p

DaveW
02-14-03, 05:04 PM
My local Walmart has fallout 1 and fallout 2 in a 10 dollar dual pack. I think I saw the same thing at EB too.

Fallout 2 is definately worth getting. I prefer it over the first game.

fishlung
02-14-03, 06:57 PM
I've also seen the dual-pack at Target and Best Buy. I presume Fry's Electronics has it, too.