PDA

View Full Version : FEAR on X360

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
08-06-06, 02:54 PM
Im having mixed feelings about this game... It graphically looks decent (textures aren't to the quality of a High End PC) and there isn't any slow down in the trailer Im watching so its looking pretty stable but one thing is bothering me.

The game is now a run and gun shooter... no longer are you required to hide and think your moves prior to popping up from behind cover. I mean Im watching the trailer and the player barely uses the slowmo and is able to take constant shots from the NPC... im talking full blow out rambo into a room and getting nailed from every direction and is health barely moves...

Im hoping they were playing it on easy or something because as it looks now they might have dumbed the difficulty down for the console version.

Looks good atleast...

superklye
08-06-06, 02:58 PM
So...it's like FarCry for consoles and it's the same name with the same basic premise, but it's a totally different game?

Peoples-Agent
08-06-06, 03:06 PM
Was it developed by the sames peeps, or was the console version outsourced elsewhere?

|MaguS|
08-06-06, 03:07 PM
So...it's like FarCry for consoles and it's the same name with the same basic premise, but it's a totally different game?

It's actually the same exact game... just looks like they dumbed down the NPCs and made the bullets hurt less...

Monolith has no connection to the game other then being the original developers, its being ported by a different developer.

EDIT:
Just noticed that the "Ash effect" from fettle and emma aren't as pronounced now aswell. They are still there but its alot lighter in effect. And the room with the blood on the ceiling aslo doesn't look nearly as good.

(THIS IS NOT A TRASH ON THE X360 CONSOLE, IM JUST DISCUSSING THE PORT OF ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES)

Lfctony
08-06-06, 03:13 PM
Hey Magus, got a link for the movie you're watching?

Tony.

|MaguS|
08-06-06, 03:16 PM
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4921

jAkUp
08-06-06, 03:17 PM
Yea, its the same game pretty much, graphically it actually does have dynamic shadows, but the texture resolution is terrible in some spots.

However, it still looks alot better than now than it did at E3.

As for the A.I., he may have been playing on Easy or something.

jAkUp
08-06-06, 03:18 PM
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4921

IGN has them in HD for members:
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/826/826346/vids_1.html

|MaguS|
08-06-06, 03:19 PM
Those aren't the same... The one I linked to is alot longer and has more content.

jAkUp
08-06-06, 03:24 PM
oh.. NM then :)

toxikneedle
08-06-06, 03:56 PM
I doubt this is anything more than a chance for console gamers to play FEAR... I'm sure it wasnt designed with consoles in mind and you can usually tell by playing the game. Same thing with Condemned, I played it a little on PC and it felt like a console game throughout.... I even liked it more on X360.

I dont think you guys need to replay the game on the 360 with rigs like that, especially since the expansion pack for FEAR will come out around the same time for PC that will feature brand new stuff.

ralinn
08-06-06, 04:02 PM
The framerate looks awful. Does look like it's being played on easy too. This may be just to show off the action for the trailer though.

Arioch
08-06-06, 04:08 PM
I think it looks decent for being on a console but I pretty much expected it to have lower resolution textures. This may be an option for people that have older systems that could not handle the game on PC originally.

Connaught
08-06-06, 04:29 PM
If they combined the original FEAR with the new expansion and put it on the 360 then I would probubly buy it...like what Far Cry did...
But as it stands...I feel no inclination to purchase the game even dispite potentially good reviews.

Edit: Oh and you saw that FEAR video for 360 here: http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4921

|MaguS|
08-06-06, 05:18 PM
Edit: Oh and you saw that FEAR video for 360 here: http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4921

Yes... thats why I posted the link earlier...

ENU291
08-06-06, 06:20 PM
Those aren't the same... The one I linked to is alot longer and has more content.

The Gamevideos.com and IGN videos ARE the same. The only difference is that the IGN video has been edited for time and is in high definition.

S.I.N
08-06-06, 06:33 PM
It looks like Fear to me and most of what they showed didnt look like it required any hideing or over strategizing to me. Maybe you just played it differently or just like too...

|MaguS|
08-06-06, 07:27 PM
It looks like Fear to me and most of what they showed didnt look like it required any hideing or over strategizing to me. Maybe you just played it differently or just like too...

Have you played the PC version? In the PC version if you ran out into gunfire like they showed on the X360 version you would be dead before you pulled the trigger. 3-4 enemies in the PC version made you think alot and often were forced to use the slowmo.

ENU291, Not from what I saw.

1337_Like_ThaT
08-06-06, 11:18 PM
I'll be picking this up come later this year so i can replay it on my High-Def. setup.

Passed it and loved it so much for the PC I'm willing to do it one more time, but this time in plasma style :)

S.I.N
08-06-06, 11:25 PM
Have you played the PC version? In the PC version if you ran out into gunfire like they showed on the X360 version you would be dead before you pulled the trigger. 3-4 enemies in the PC version made you think alot and often were forced to use the slowmo.

ENU291, Not from what I saw.

Yes I have the PC version and you could easily run out and start blasting on 3-4 enemies. That to me was the best part, to break into a room or hallway and go into slow-mo and start firing away on dudes from all sides. Maybe you just played with more tact but nothing really strikes me as being different from that video and if anything they might have been playing on a easier setting as not to keep dying while trying to make demo video to show off the game.

|MaguS|
08-07-06, 07:26 AM
to break into a room or hallway and go into slow-mo and start firing away on dudes from all sides.

See the key word there... In the trailer there was no real need for slowmo, he only used it when he felt like it, most of the time in the trailer when he used it there was only a single enemy and the players health wasn't low.

ENU291
08-07-06, 07:35 AM
MaguS I think you are taking this game play footage a bit to seriously. It's obvious to me that whoever was behind the controls of the game was just running around aimlessly to show what the game will look like on the 360. Why judge the game on the actions of the game tester? All that can be deciphered from this game play footage is the graphics and sound detail (download the HD videos from IGN). To me the game is coming along very nicely. Once a demo becomes available we'll be able to get a better idea as to how the game will control with the 360's gamepad.

|MaguS|
08-07-06, 07:38 AM
MaguS I think you are taking this game play footage a bit to seriously. It's obvious to me that whoever was behind the controls of the game was just running around aimlessly to show what the game will look like on the 360. Why judge the game on the actions of the game tester? All that can be deciphered from this game play footage is the graphics and sound detail (download the HD videos from IGN). To me the game is coming along very nicely. Once a demo becomes available we'll be able to get a better idea as to how the game will control with the 360's gamepad.

It's not what the player was doing but how the NPCs reacted and how easily the player lived throughout the entire clip. In the PC version you can't take that many rounds from 5 guys and walk away with armor still...

ENU291
08-07-06, 07:59 AM
Most likely the game was set to an easy difficulty or was running in a debug mode. I predict that the AI on the 360 version will not be as cunning as the PC version because of the loss of precision with the controls.

Bad_Boy
08-09-06, 08:45 AM
Rumor has it...FEAR on PS3 as well...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=144144

take it when a grain of salt though, its cvg.