PDA

View Full Version : Soundcard and BSOD

The Bigman
08-06-06, 09:11 PM
I got a weird sitiuation with creative Xfi and Windows. I got the replacement 2 days ago and got it to work in my system but if i shutdown system to bring it back up the OS Bscreens with a 0X0000007E error but if i pull the card windows bootups normaly.

What is with these cards? Its a new card with heatsink and my baord is a ASUS p5n32.

I was told they fixed issues with nforce. come on creative get with it.

ANd funny thing is card works fine no pops or nothing just the BSOD from cold startup when i press the restart it boots fine. it doesn't like cold boots for some reason.

I can't get no exact on this so i hope someone here does.

AthlonXP1800
08-06-06, 10:12 PM
0X0000007E error are caused by either a application or driver installation, it hard to tell what file caused the error. It will be alot easier if you can PM me the memory dump file the moment after your PC crashed and I will look inside the memory dump file to tell me what file caused BSOD, you will find the memory dump in WINDOWS/Minidump, if the file arent here then it likely to be hidden, go to Tools/Folder Options menu, View tab and click on Show hidden files and folders then the minidump files will show up.

The Bigman
08-06-06, 10:24 PM
The funny thing is their is no memory dumps or windows errors in windows just booting up but a reset boots up fine. Why would windows not boot the first time but the second time with reboot.

AthlonXP1800
08-07-06, 01:13 AM
Right, there is other possible way to diagnostic it. Go to Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/System Tools/Event Viewer, take a look at both Application and System Error Records for error icons around the time your PC crash to give you clues what went wrong.

The Bigman
08-07-06, 01:22 AM
Thats just it, no crash during a windows session but i did get one from Farcry but not other games.

I only get the BSOD during bootup, 0x0000007e bsod but when i reset no bsod until i shutdown unplug cable and power back on PC, turn on BSOD but ok when reset system but when i pull xfi windows boots fine.

Place card back in BSOD on bootup reset no BSOD.

This is a very strange thing here and i can't figure it out for the life of me.

Im sure other post members are having this issue too.

Please help Please help this is mind boggling.

The Bigman
08-07-06, 06:54 PM
I think i got my answer from alto of research. Its a voltage spike

The Bigman
08-08-06, 08:43 PM
Well I got rid of the POS real fast. I put an Audigy 2ZS Platium In their and thing are very good now.

AthlonXP1800
08-08-06, 11:09 PM
Well I got rid of the POS real fast. I put an Audigy 2ZS Platium In their and thing are very good now.

Your Creative XiFi is not POS, it is a faulty card caused voltage spike, you will need to either RMA it or return to the store for replacement and once you receive the new replacement and everything will be fine.

Like my last 2 previous videocard a BFG Geforce 6800GT 256MB card died a month later when I bought it, I didnt called the card a POS, I called it a faulty card and I RMAed the card and 2 weeks later I received brand new replacement card from BFG and everything worked great. :D

The Bigman
08-09-06, 12:23 AM
I had 3 bfg's go too and that bites because its work. I spend 60% of my time repairing my PC and 40% of it enjoy it.

I really dont think its a POS, Its anger form bad hardware.

XServer
08-09-06, 04:35 PM
I had 3 bfg's go too and that bites because its work. I spend 60% of my time repairing my PC and 40% of it enjoy it.

I really dont think its a POS, Its anger form bad hardware.
Change IRQ TO 3-7 AND CPU PRIORITY TO 0 will fix 0x00000007e error and restart problem.

The Bigman
08-09-06, 11:19 PM
Thank You Mouricio, You know i can't do that with an ASUS board unlike with Gigiabye vim. Im gonna play with em.

XServer
08-10-06, 02:37 PM
will xfi is acting up again there is no fix it design flaw called creative up and there are RMA it again but they can't seem to figure out the problem i get error of 0x0000007e 0x0000005 on cold boot and then i restart and run fine try changing pci latcny timming on pci slot and IRQ change sound card on different slot no fix fix it for to days and then BSOD came back.(yet fatal1ty on my asus a8n-32 deluxe board have no problems at all and it on a nforce chipset strange. yet other xfi error on intel chipset 975x , I belived it have something to do with the XRAM not being on the card design flaw. If anyone have a fix please post it.