PDA

View Full Version : Alert Read This!

CDE_1246
08-06-06, 09:36 PM
Theres some ****er out there who goes by the name of darkchaos666 if this guys sends a message to you while your on xfire asking if you want to be admin of a server tell him to go **** himself becuase this guy is trying to steal your account i got mine stolen and im in the process of getting it back.

nV`andrew
08-06-06, 09:40 PM
Theres some ****er out there who goes by the name of darkchaos666 if this guys sends a message to you while your on xfire asking if you want to be admin of a server tell him to go **** himself becuase this guy is trying to steal your account i got mine stolen and im in the process of getting it back.

thanks. i had a similar expierience with my steam account :D

Rayman1968
08-06-06, 09:45 PM

Um....ok.

Becoming
08-06-06, 09:47 PM
Are people in the habit of giving out their passwords to others now?...The reasons those things work is when people are dumb enough to fall for it. No legitimate organization will ask you for your password. EVER.

a12ctic
08-06-06, 09:51 PM
acualy, they steal it through your steam id ;)

K007
08-07-06, 03:37 AM
From the sound of it..they are stealing the account..and somehow getting the password as well...thats a bit disturbing..but then again i never used xfire..either way..if what he says is true..this is pretty dodgy..

From my understanding..someone gets your steam account name..they get your steam account..full control..as to how..i dont know..but if they did ask for the password and you gave that out..well..tuff luck..gotta be real..real stupid to give out your password to anyone no matter what the relation is..you can never trust anyone online..and i even had one of my wow account stolen (got it back) by someone i actually knew at uni...never eva trust anyone online..simple as that..

jolle
08-07-06, 08:28 PM
acualy, they steal it through your steam id ;)
What? you can get the SteamID from every player on the server via console, why bother with Xfire if its just that?

Bearclaw
08-07-06, 11:56 PM

Man, some people are just assholes.

Sazar
08-08-06, 12:48 AM
What? you can get the SteamID from every player on the server via console, why bother with Xfire if its just that?

Ditto.

Zelda_fan
08-08-06, 12:55 AM

The guy is certainly an asshole, but it was pretty stupid to give him your password.

Bearclaw
08-08-06, 11:25 PM
The guy is certainly an asshole, but it was pretty stupid to give him your password.

True that!

Redeemed
08-09-06, 02:30 AM
Dude- I just played against him in DM! He sucked- I peppered his head with the shotgun (both barrels) and he didn't drop. I don't like him too much.