PDA

View Full Version : Character moves forward all the time

clonedawg
08-06-06, 11:29 PM
I opened up oblivion today and my character wouldn't stop moving forward! I could use the mouse, and left and right strafe keys, but not the backwards key. I tried pressing the button for continuous movement forward (Q for me) to disengage it but it didn't do anything. I also restarted my computer and the game several times to attempt to fix it, and tried disconnecting my keyboard (character still moved when keyboard wasn't plugged in, so it isn't a stuck key problem), all to no avail. Oblivion has worked beautifully for the past two months, why is it screwing up like this now?

Also, I had the same problem with GTA: San Andreas a few months back, and was unable to fix it so i uninstalled it (I didn't bother trying to reinstall it).

Any help would be much appreciated ! Thanks!

SH64
08-07-06, 12:24 AM
Hmmm .. maybe resetting controls to defaults ??

clonedawg
08-08-06, 02:56 PM
No that didn't solve the problem

Q
08-08-06, 03:04 PM
Unplug any remotes, PC controllers, and any other device you have connected to your PC. If it stops, you know it was one of those devices. Try one by one and see which one it is.

Often times its a joystick that has too small of a deadzone.

clonedawg
08-08-06, 10:10 PM
Wow I feel like a total idiot. Thank you for telling me to unplug ALL devices. I accidentally re-plugged in my joystick which is a p.o.s. after I installed a new DVD burner. I can't believe I didn't think of that but thanks a million anyways!