PDA

View Full Version : System Shock 3 Under Development at EA

Pages : [1] 2

anticitizenzero
08-07-06, 02:02 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/07/ea-does-give-a-sh-t-about-system-shock-3-says-pc-gamer-uk/

From PC gamer UK, the team who created The Godfather is now currently developing system shock 3 :thumbdwn:

jAkUp
08-07-06, 02:04 PM
oh god no... nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

johnkeel105
08-07-06, 02:09 PM
I have never played System Shock 2. It was before I got heavy in First Person Shooters. EA can make good games, but support and testing is my primary concern with all their games.

SH0DAN
08-07-06, 02:43 PM
:( :thumbdwn: :( :thumbdwn: This is truly depressing news ! First Deus Ex :IW is ruined than Thief,now this !??!?!!!!!!!

Lazaredz
08-07-06, 02:44 PM
I'm working on playing the first 2 in anticipation of the upcoming Bioshock. Looks like EA decided to cash in on the "hype" from System Shocks rightful heir. Oh well, I'm sure I'll "acquire" this one shortly after release for a VERY reasonable price ... ;)

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it EA bastards!!!! (Still mad they ruined Ultima IX)

SlamDunk
08-07-06, 02:49 PM
This has actually been "known" since January. Can't wait for System Shock 2K8! :thumbdwn:

But seriously... everyone should just forget EA's SS3 and get Bioshock.

|MaguS|
08-07-06, 02:50 PM
oh god no... nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Guess your earlier post was incorrect... (LINK (http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74165))

I know it wont live up to the System Shock name so Im not going to get hyped at all for this game untill I see something that resembles the System Shock that I love.

Hell, for all we know they could be trying to keep it faithful. (Dout it though)

SH0DAN, I agree with Deus Ex 2 but Thief 3 wasn't THAT bad... it wasn't as good as the original two but it wasn't as butchered as Deus Ex was.

Edge
08-07-06, 03:53 PM
Well, so much for that series. Man, how many developers and series has EA ruined now? Someone should keep a tally. Deus Ex Invisible War at least shared many elements that made the first game great...System Shock 3 on the other hand I expect to be a generic shooter with absolutely no similarities to the past System Shock games except for the name of a few characters and the general idea of being in first person (and I'm not even sure about those).

Oh well, maybe at the dozenth expansion pack we'll get gameplay that mildly approaches System Shock 2.

Becoming
08-07-06, 03:55 PM
Oh well, maybe at the dozenth expansion pack we'll get gameplay that mildly approaches System Shock 2.

I think you mean by the dozenth expansion/patch you may get a game that's functional and playable going by EA's track record. :D

BioHazZarD
08-07-06, 03:58 PM
Why even bother it will be just a pile of **** just like godfather game :( damn

CaptNKILL
08-07-06, 07:12 PM
Oh god...

I'm going to try to keep an open mind about this since SS2 was an excellent game... but looking back at Deus Ex IW, I'm just getting more irritated that EA of all the f***ing developers out there, have to be the ones that are in control of these kinds of games.

System Shock and Deus Ex are the same "genre" and they are very similar gameplay wise. IMO, that is the single BEST and most promising genre of any platform. First person action\RPGs with a good amount of character developement and story, are almost always excellent games (arx fatalis, deus ex, ss2... and to a point, the elder scrolls series). First person action\adventure games are right behind them (call of cthulhu, undying, riddick, realms of the haunting).

Honestly, I hope this game either is a huge success or it completely tanks, to the point where EA will sell the name to another developer. If its mediocre, I will be extremely disapointed. A mediocre game brings in sales and gets milked for a long time... series like Deus Ex and System Shock do NOT deserve that at all...

*sigh*

:(

|MaguS|
08-07-06, 08:36 PM
I can't uderstand why people are bing up Desu Ex 2 when two different develpers are making the game. Sure its EA but we should atleast give them benefit of the dout.

Im slighly drnk

Gaco
08-07-06, 09:02 PM
This is a bad dream. This IS a bad dream.
I'm fairly drunk right now, so I'm gonna leave this page immediately and see if it was a bad dream after all. If it is still here when I boot my PC tomorrow, god help EA and the godfather devs..

Gaco
08-07-06, 09:04 PM
I can't uderstand why people are bing up Desu Ex 2 when two different develpers are making the game. Sure its EA but we should atleast give them benefit of the dout.

Im slighly drnk

Hahaha, lol just saw your post now MaguS, that's hilarious, that makes two of us :D

God I would probably had been going on a rampage in my house now if I read this being sober.. Gotta sleep now :(

nekrosoft13
08-07-06, 09:13 PM
that really bad news, godfather was ok game, but no where near system shock level, EA really gonna **** it up

|MaguS|
08-07-06, 09:24 PM
that really bad news, godfather was ok game, but no where near system shock level, EA really gonna **** it up

We dont know if they will.... lets hod up out guessing untl they release some info on it. Maybe they can keep wit ith.

nekrosoft13
08-07-06, 09:46 PM
have you played godfather? of course they will **** it up

|MaguS|
08-07-06, 09:48 PM
have you played godfather? of course they will **** it up

Like you can make a good game out of the god fathe.

CaptNKILL
08-08-06, 12:16 AM
What the hell is with people getting drunk on a freaking monday night? :p

EDIT: :D

jAkUp
08-08-06, 12:23 AM
AFAIK today is Monday :o

CaptNKILL
08-08-06, 12:25 AM
AFAIK today is Monday :o
Woops... its Tuesday morning here... :p

Gaco
08-08-06, 06:18 AM
It wasn't a bad dream. IT WASN'T A BAD DREAM! :cry:

Grap the uzi's people, time for revolution! :rw: (bud)

Luckily nothing official has been stated yet, but it looks grim. I swear I'm gonna take action, if it starts looking like you're gonna screw this one up, EA. Damnit EA you can ruin Westwood, the Battlefield franchise, Godfather, Harry Potter etc., but you damn well pull the System Shock series down the same dark alley and beat the crap out of it, milking every last $ out of the franchise until everyone hates it :argh:

Capt. Picard
08-08-06, 06:33 AM
I should also utter my total dismay with this situation.

With SS2 I had this warm, fuzzy feeling :D everytime I played it.

Now, I have this cold, sinking feeling.

flukester
08-08-06, 10:31 AM
Well I got hope it can be done well. Can't say anything really until I see something from them, certainly not be paranoid just to be paranoid. I'd personally rather see a imaginative new game rather than 'try' to do another SS.

Gaco
08-08-06, 11:08 AM
Well I got hope it can be done well. Can't say anything really until I see something from them, certainly not be paranoid just to be paranoid. I'd personally rather see a imaginative new game rather than 'try' to do another SS.

Team behind Godfather makes Gaco go "paranoid", that's for sure.. :p