PDA

View Full Version : Embarassing Question

nV`andrew
08-07-06, 03:50 PM
ok, i decided to load up oblivion again and start a new game. I've talked to Jaufree but how do i trigger the quest to start?

|MaguS|
08-07-06, 03:51 PM
Um, it starts from the very beginning... after talking to him you have to go find martin.

nV`andrew
08-07-06, 03:58 PM
he didnt say anything about martin though and im assuming martin is in chorrol, sry its been a long time. thanks for the reply

|MaguS|
08-07-06, 04:01 PM
he didnt say anything about martin though and im assuming martin is in chorrol, sry its been a long time. thanks for the reply

No... Keep talking to him about key things, he will mention the kings son and ask him about it. After that he will send you to Kavatch (sp?).

nV`andrew
08-07-06, 04:05 PM
^ yes, thats how it was before. but now, i can talk to him about 4 different subjects (ELder Council, Baurus, etc.) and he replies, but when hes done talkin the same list pops up. i fast traveled to chorrol as soon as i got our of the sewers, is this a problem?

Bearclaw
08-07-06, 04:06 PM
Do you guys reccommend oblivion? I have been looking into it. Is it worth it?

nV`andrew
08-07-06, 04:09 PM
Do you guys reccommend oblivion? I have been looking into it. Is it worth it?

yes, definitely imo. great game as long as ur somewhat in to RPGs

nV`andrew
08-07-06, 04:24 PM
ok so im gonig to kvatch now and thx for the help magus, i msutve jsut skipped past the part about Martin, but i dont think that did. meh who knows lol

nV`andrew
08-07-06, 05:46 PM
Okay something is clearly wrong. Nothing for the main quest has been triggered. Like i said before, Jaufree never told me to go get Martin. I've talked to Martin and he's said the same thing everytime, so i go back to Jaufree, same ****. WTF do i do? do i have to do a whole new game? gaahhh

Bearclaw
08-07-06, 05:52 PM
yes, definitely imo. great game as long as ur somewhat in to RPGs
Could my system handle it, the specs are below.

nV`andrew
08-07-06, 06:01 PM
Could my system handle it, the specs are below.

yeah it should play jsut fine, probably on med-high settings. how much ram u got? there are tweaks and programs that help out if u have only a gig. you may want to look into OC'ing your processor maybe 200mhz in the BIOS. Im on stock cooling and can OC quite high, jsut eneable cool and quiet. (go to Control Panel/Power Options, and set to Minimum Power or w/e)

EDIT: (sum1 help me)
Okay something is clearly wrong. Nothing for the main quest has been triggered. Like i said before, Jaufree never told me to go get Martin. I've talked to Martin and he's said the same thing everytime, so i go back to Jaufree, same ****. WTF do i do? do i have to do a whole new game? gaahhh

Bearclaw
08-07-06, 06:10 PM
yeah it should play jsut fine, probably on med-high settings. how much ram u got? there are tweaks and programs that help out if u have only a gig. you may want to look into OC'ing your processor maybe 200mhz in the BIOS. Im on stock cooling and can OC quite high, jsut eneable cool and quiet. (go to Control Panel/Power Options, and set to Minimum Power or w/e)

EDIT: (sum1 help me)

I have 2 gigs of ram. I though it was in my sig but I guess not. I have my 3200+ oc'ed to 2.4Ghz and can get as high as 2.6 without any problems. I'm gonna look into this game some more. thanks for all your help.

nV`andrew
08-07-06, 06:11 PM
I have 2 gigs of ram. I though it was in my sig but I guess not. I have my 3200+ oc'ed to 2.4Ghz and can get as high as 2.6 without any problems. I'm gonna look into this game some more. thanks for all your help.

Ah you will be perfectly fine then dude. No need to push to 2.6, 2.4 should be completely sufficient. If you get the game, hope you enjoy it! :)

Bearclaw
08-07-06, 06:12 PM
Ah you will be perfectly fine then dude. No need to push to 2.6, 2.4 should be completely sufficient. If you get the game, hope you enjoy it! :)

Thanks a lot! :D