PDA

View Full Version : Triggering the Main Quest - Problems

nV`andrew
08-07-06, 05:13 PM
Okay, decided to make this its own thread as it would get mroe attention..

I started a New Game today and its been troublesome. Before, it worked great...
---
Okay something is clearly wrong. Nothing for the main quest has been triggered. Jaufree never told me to go get Martin. I've talked to Martin and he's said the same thing everytime(sumthing about the Oblivion Gate at Kvatch), so i go back to Jaufree, same ****. WTF do i do? do i have to do a whole new game? gaahhh

knghtwhosaysni
08-07-06, 05:29 PM
What does it say to do in your quest log? Or is it empty?

nV`andrew
08-07-06, 05:36 PM
What does it say to do in your quest log? Or is it empty?

It still says what it says when u get out of the sewers. The thing about either following the red marker to Chorrol, quick traveling there, or exploring oblivion or w/e. And then i have the other things like the stuff that i did at kvatch and crap...

thanks for hte reply though

Richteralan
08-07-06, 06:15 PM
Do you have the amulet of Kings?

nV`andrew
08-07-06, 06:57 PM
Do you have the amulet of Kings?

yes..lol

nV`andrew
08-07-06, 07:22 PM
My Active and Current Quests log is empty

EDIT: Im updating to 1.1 patch now and i could also reisntall the game and keep the saved files but i think ti would jsut be the same ****

EDIT 2: patching didnt do anything...eh i guess ill just start over :(

Edit 3: ok so i reinstalled and everything works fine now =/ except i still get crash to desktop

The_gray_fox
08-07-06, 09:20 PM
well did you close the oblivion gat in front of kvatch?

nV`andrew
08-07-06, 09:37 PM
well did you close the oblivion gat in front of kvatch?

yep. anyways, i see what went wrong. for some reason Baurus, the Blades dude in the beginning, said to see Jauffre, but i noticed that the quest, Deliver The Amulet, never showed up. in my new game, it has this time ,and im on my way to the kvatch oblivion gate again, though it has taken me forever cuz i crashes every 5 seconds lol

The_gray_fox
08-07-06, 09:38 PM
dam that sux so u got it working

nV`andrew
08-07-06, 11:57 PM
dam that sux so u got it working

yeah, after a big hassle though. I dont know if it was the patch or whatnot, but damn...Oblivion would give me an error and wouldn't even let me uninstall! So i deleted the Bestheda folder and then remembered a few files and saves in My Documents/Games and got rid of that, got ride of all mods, and TweakOblivion and the 1.1 patch, and it still acted as if the game was installed. I was about ot give up there. So i went to mycomputer, and the D (cd rom) drive where the cd was at, and searched thru there, and was like bleehh. and then i found a Launch installer, and was able to install.

And thoguh the quest works right, i got horrible crashing. After a lot of different tries, drivers, etc. i decided to disable Cool n Quiet and i went back to stock speeds on my cpu. but i dont believe it was the cpu heating, it was probably the ram im guessing, and it made it unstable

The_gray_fox
08-08-06, 12:13 PM
oo i dont got that problem since i play oblivion on x360