PDA

View Full Version : sticker came off card ! warranty impacts

bugmage
08-07-06, 06:29 PM
my modle number sticker came off my card, does this kill my warranty? can they tell if it came off it has a orange background???

also its a 7800gt (not computer in my sig)

also my friend said they can tell if you OC your card, is that true?

crainger
08-07-06, 06:51 PM
A sticker came off my 6800GT. XFX and/or the supplier didn't seem to care. The only stickers that really matter are the ones that say "Warranty Viod if removed" and they are usually stuck on pretty well.

As for them knowing if you overclocked... No they cannot tell if you just overclocked through the drivers or a utility like RivaTuner.

bugmage
08-07-06, 06:56 PM
wheres that on yours i dont have one? unless that was just and example

i have a warranty with newegg do they look over cards or toss them into a bin?

thats what the foxconn tech support guy did when i returned a DOA motherboard lol, he even emailed me about it

crainger
08-07-06, 07:21 PM
The "Warranty Void if removed" was just an example. I don't think any vid card has such a sticker. I'm not sure what newegg will do, but when I sent my 6800GT back the store they tested it. I'm pretty sure they would give the card a quick look over.

bugmage
08-07-06, 07:27 PM
ok good 2 know i saw orange and though it was some security sticker

Peoples-Agent
08-07-06, 09:04 PM
If you got teeth marks along the edge of the card, and the screws around the fan look like they been chewed by jaws , they have a cause for moan though.
You know what modern gf's can be like.

bugmage
08-07-06, 09:19 PM
"cause for moan though. "

do you think they would refuse for that stuff?
-they have to pull the heatsink and then they could make the same marks themselves