PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop policy?

Clyde_TTU
08-07-06, 09:52 PM
ok I bought Elder Scrolls Oblivion (used) just over a month ago for my 360 and now all of a sudden my xbox is having trouble reading the disc. All my other games and movies run fine. I remember the employee saying if it doesn't work just bring it back and get a new one within 30 days. well now its been 33 days all of a sudden it doesn't play. What should I do?

OWA
08-07-06, 10:08 PM
ok I bought Elder Scrolls Oblivion (used) just over a month ago for my 360 and now all of a sudden my xbox is having trouble reading the disc. All my other games and movies run fine. I remember the employee saying if it doesn't work just bring it back and get a new one within 30 days. well now its been 33 days all of a sudden it doesn't play. What should I do?
Call them and ask the same question. You could also try some of the disc repair kits that remove scratches, etc.

Peoples-Agent
08-07-06, 10:33 PM
Find a store that does a 10 day return policy with full refund, Game in UK does that... Buy game, swap the disk, take game back.... get refund, prob solved.

Not sure if you have stores around that do that though.

|MaguS|
08-07-06, 10:41 PM
cry like a baby and make a stink... that will work.

Clyde_TTU
08-07-06, 11:21 PM
Turns out one of my friends works there so he better help me out.

CaptNKILL
08-08-06, 12:41 AM
Find a store that does a 10 day return policy with full refund, Game in UK does that... Buy game, swap the disk, take game back.... get refund, prob solved.

Not sure if you have stores around that do that though.
Not exactly the most fair way to go about it, but itd probably work :lol:

Bearclaw
08-08-06, 12:44 AM
Not exactly the most fair way to go about it, but itd probably work :lol:

Definitley not. I know people who rent new games from blockbuster, etc. and replace the enw one with their scratched copy. :thumbdwn:

CaptNKILL
08-08-06, 01:12 AM
Definitley not. I know people who rent new games from blockbuster, etc. and replace the enw one with their scratched copy. :thumbdwn:
Damn, thats pretty low :o

flukester
08-08-06, 12:10 PM
Why bother? Get a friend to make you a copy, you have your serial number right? What's the issue? I had to do the same for Zero Hour when I had noticed my 2 year old son at the time got the cd's and I was stepping on it as I got to my computer chair over a few days. 1 day I thought, ok, what's this cd on the ground and it turned out to be my C&C taken out of the box.

Bearclaw
08-08-06, 02:23 PM
Why bother? Get a friend to make you a copy, you have your serial number right? What's the issue? I had to do the same for Zero Hour when I had noticed my 2 year old son at the time got the cd's and I was stepping on it as I got to my computer chair over a few days. 1 day I thought, ok, what's this cd on the ground and it turned out to be my C&C taken out of the box.

Not a bad idea...

saturnotaku
08-10-06, 10:26 PM

This is the 360 version, not PC.

Boogalo
08-11-06, 04:46 PM
gamestop's policy is 90 day warranty on used stuff. take your receipt in and they should replace it.