PDA

View Full Version : Wrong aspect ratio on secondary monitor

r3con
08-07-06, 09:31 PM
Hey all,

I've been ripping my hair out over this one.

sys specs:

XFX 7900 GT

Running Dualview

Primary monitor: Samsung 205bw lcd
Secondary Monitor: Sony 29" TV

I cannot get the aspect ratio for fullscreen video (set to autoselect) right.

Is there something im missing? if I open a media file thats 16:10 ratio it outputs fullscreen to the TV but not with the black bars top and bottom. It just squashes the video up (so the people are all skinny and tall)

Anyone able to assist with this? its driving me crazy.

Thanks

robhancock
08-08-06, 07:57 PM
Running the 91.xx drivers? This seems to be a bug in these versions where the aspect ratio gets distorted on the TV output where the video is a different aspect ratio from the screen.

r3con
08-08-06, 08:47 PM
Yep, sorry should have added that to the original post 91.31 and also happening with the 91.33betas too.

Is there a reg key value that I can alter for Secondary monitor fullscreen video aspect?

mekantor
08-18-06, 09:45 AM
BUMP! I'm having the same problem, posted about it yesterday in the 6/7 forum.

What I noticed is that any 4:3 content goes to 16:9 (seems so to me, might be 16:10 though), and all other aspects go to 4:3 in full screen video overlay. I am actually using 2 LCD monitors on DVI instead of monitor+tv. Using a 6600GT AGP. I did see a 16:9 video play at the correct aspec later after a few resets, but I think that was the exception and not the rule.

Just updated my graphics card for the first time in a long time, so I've been out of the loop for a while but it seems that their drivers arent as universal as they once were. Perhaps its time nVidia makes drivers specific to certain chipsets again.

Lardzor
08-25-06, 03:02 AM
I have also had this problem past driver 84.21 I believe.
My solution has been to use FFDshow and set it to automatically
adjust the aspect ratio to 4/3 to match my television. This will
automatically add black bars to the top and bottor (or left and
right) to make the aspect ratio 4/3 without cropping the media.

Goto 'FFDshow Video Decoder configuration' and:

1) Check and select 'Resize and Aspect',
2) Select 'Specify Aspect Ratio' and enter 4:3

Now fullscreen movie output will be corrected for anything that
FFDshow is set to handle.

Regards