PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R. Multiplayer to be made available for free

Pages : [1] 2

Burpy
08-08-06, 12:48 PM
http://picsorban.com/upload/fearcombat_04.jpg

F.E.A.R. Multiplayer to be made available for free.

08-08-2006
Sierra Entertainment today announced that the multiplayer component from the award winning PC title F.E.A.R.
(First Encounter Assault Recon), has been renamed F.E.A.R. Combat, and will be made available to the public as a free download on Thursday August 17th, 2006.

F.E.A.R. Combat is the complete multiplayer component of F.E.A.R. and includes all the updates, additional official maps and additional official game modes all in one downloadable file.
F.E.A.R. Combat users will be able to play against the owners of the retail version of F.E.A.R. as well as the other F.E.A.R. Combat users.

F.E.A.R. Combat features:
- 10 Multiplayer Game modes.
- 19 Multiplayer Maps.
- 12 different weapons.
- Punkbuster support for anti cheat support.
- The capability to download user generated content.

To play F.E.A.R. Combat, consumers simply go to www.joinfear.com and register to obtain their free, Combat keycode.
When the file is made available for download on Aug 17th 2006, consumers can install, enter their keycode, and get ready to join F.E.A.R. Combat!

F.E.A.R. Combat will be available for download on August 17th 2006.

flukester
08-08-06, 12:55 PM
I liked FEAR single player but I find the MP is just insane. It's too fast, the karate is messed (guy 15 feet away is hitting me) and I can't hear squat except BOOM BOOM BOOM! It runs pretty amazing on my system but I can only really partake on small servers like 8 men. Anything bigger and I've never got a clue where I am getting shot from. Pretty cool they are releasing it for free!

marqmajere
08-08-06, 12:56 PM
That's great to hear. There are sooo many people who play games for the sole purpose of them being free. Look at Enemy Territory.

CaptNKILL
08-08-06, 12:59 PM
Wow... this is a bit unexpected...

Pretty cool though.

FEAR single player didnt really impress me all that much, but the multiplayer was pretty fun. I didnt play it much, but it was fun.

Gaco
08-08-06, 01:00 PM
So that's what that was.. bah! :D

Becoming
08-08-06, 01:05 PM
Huzzah! I can't wait to have more people to kick in the face online. :D

SH64
08-08-06, 01:09 PM
Meh i was expecting the expansion ..

anticitizenzero
08-08-06, 01:32 PM
I wonder why there doing this considering the multiplayer was the most appealing part of the game.

jAkUp
08-08-06, 01:38 PM
Wow! I wonder why, I really like F.E.A.R. MP though :)

johnkeel105
08-08-06, 01:46 PM
I am not surprised. When covering Fear Extraction or whatever the sequel will be, PC Gamer was told that the Multiplayer would be released sometime this year. I guess thats means its true.

CaptNKILL
08-08-06, 02:13 PM
They probably looked at the hype around ET:QW and realized that when you get hundreds of thousands of people hooked on a free multiplayer game, youre going to get massive interest in your next sequel\expansion.

Lazaredz
08-08-06, 03:34 PM
Agreed. Good marketing. The people that were going to buy FEAR for the MP allready have. This just gets more people interested in the SP side and (hopefully) buying the expansion (and thus FEAR itself).

Seeings as how I can only find like 4-6 CTF maps that are populated well, this might be a good thing.

Oh and the expanision is due 10/24/06

leafo
08-08-06, 03:59 PM
I never got around to buying fear, so I wont mind playing this.

de><ta
08-08-06, 04:22 PM
WOOT!

I absolutely love the multiplayer in this game. Esp the close combat combos!

Now for the FEAR modding community to pick up!

Alaa
08-08-06, 04:23 PM
ya thats great.I will be 1st to download it :D

knghtwhosaysni
08-08-06, 04:52 PM
Maybe now there will be more than just 2 full servers :D

Edge
08-08-06, 05:37 PM
That's interesting. Screws over a few people that bought the game for it's multiplayer recently, but I guess this means servers will be more full :D

Wonder if they'll be offering any more upgrades or patches because of this. Another level or two wouldn't hurt.

nutcrackr
08-08-06, 06:05 PM
This will probably be the multiplayer included on the 360 version right? I had heard they were changing the mp for the 360 release.

Edge
08-08-06, 07:48 PM
This will probably be the multiplayer included on the 360 version right? I had heard they were changing the mp for the 360 release.
Sounds like it's just the multiplayer from the PC version. The Xbox 360 version's multiplayer will probably be specific for the console. Not sure what they're changing/adding to it though, probably additional modes and extra options, and maybe changes to the combat system as well.

t6_shadow
08-09-06, 04:28 PM
Sounds like it's just the multiplayer from the PC version. The Xbox 360 version's multiplayer will probably be specific for the console. Not sure what they're changing/adding to it though, probably additional modes and extra options, and maybe changes to the combat system as well.

Yeah its called auto aim. ;P

de><ta
08-09-06, 06:05 PM
Yeah its called auto aim. ;P

Keyboard and mouse will still pwn those knob curling nubs. :D

Mr_LoL
08-16-06, 10:13 AM
12 hours left! :D
Where are you going to download it when its available?

Zelda_fan
08-16-06, 11:03 AM
Wow! I wonder why, I really like F.E.A.R. MP though :)

This will allow them to re-fine their engine and write better net code. The more people who use it, the more they can test their net code.

Becoming
08-16-06, 12:52 PM
12 hours left! :D

I just looked at the Combat page and it says 22 hours. How do you get 12?

BioHazZarD
08-16-06, 01:07 PM
I just looked at the Combat page and it says 22 hours. How do you get 12?

diffferent timezone