PDA

View Full Version : Best Baddies Ever !!

Pages : [1] 2

Delbert
08-08-06, 03:54 PM
Got to thinking which games i liked the most because of the enemies/baddies etc.... loved the jedi games because of the Dark Lords.... great lightsaber fighting made it for me.
For the future.... perhaps something that includes daleks/cybermen might make things interesting....
What are your favourite foes ?

anticitizenzero
08-08-06, 03:58 PM
NOLF henchmen, best dialog ever

de><ta
08-08-06, 04:01 PM
Elexis Sinclair, as quoted "rubba dub dub" :D

Also G-Man from Half-Life

Bearclaw
08-08-06, 05:35 PM
The splinter cell series, the guys arrn't bad at all, in fact they are morons. However, they are always so frickin annoying. :thumbdwn:

crainger
08-08-06, 05:40 PM
The splinter cell series, the guys arrn't bad at all, in fact they are morons. However, they are always so frickin annoying. :thumbdwn:

Like the guy who thinks you're a Ninja?? LOL I love that part.

I'll vote for Elexis too. Also the Striders from HL2, the sounds they make are awesome.

SH64
08-08-06, 05:45 PM
The battle armor in FEAR & the big bosses in Painkiller.

Bearclaw
08-08-06, 05:46 PM
Like the guy who thinks you're a Ninja?? LOL I love that part.

I'll vote for Elexis too. Also the Striders from HL2, the sounds they make are awesome.

Haha, ya, those guys. There all morons but like I said annoying. I didn't like how they gave the bad guys flares in the sequels. It made it easier for them to see us. :thumbdwn:

Bearclaw
08-08-06, 05:48 PM
Back in the day when I had a old 386 computer, I played Wolfenstein 3D all the time. In the last level of eveyr segment, these cloaked guys always showed up. They were pretty freaky. The graphics were horrible compared to todays standards but they still were pretty freaky, not to mention downright evil.

zoomy942
08-08-06, 05:50 PM
the guards in the thief series. best bored baddies ever

Gaco
08-08-06, 05:53 PM
Elexis Sinclair, as quoted "rubba dub dub" :D

http://www.gamershell.com/news/31345.html :D

SH64
08-08-06, 05:57 PM
the guards in the thief series. best bored baddies ever
"WHO'S THERE ??!! .... oh well ... seems peaceful now!" :D

grey_1
08-08-06, 07:38 PM
rtcw - female assassins :D

The Original cyberdemon

Cold Fears end-boss was pretty cool

Edge
08-08-06, 08:09 PM
Cyborg Midwives from System Shock 2 certainly added a lot to the game. There aren't many moments scarier than when you turn around to find one coming up behind you, or those horrifying mechanical walking sounds getting closer.

The Werewolf from Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines was also a pretty cool enemy. The "fight" was fairly limited in scope, but it was still a surprise thinking you're safe in a room and seeing it break through the wall or ceiling right in front of you.

I feel like there's a lot I'm forgetting though...oh well, there's a lot out there, so I'm sure quite a few will get mention.

|MaguS|
08-08-06, 08:11 PM
Cyborg Midwives from System Shock 2 certainly added a lot to the game. There aren't many moments scarier than when you turn around to find one coming up behind you, or those horrifying mechanical walking sounds getting closer.

"My babies need flesh!"

Mine would be Shodan... I hated no other enemy as much as I hated her during SS1/2. Taunting you constantly and making herself seem soo superior to you at every turn...

zoomy942
08-08-06, 09:18 PM
"WHO'S THERE ??!! .... oh well ... seems peaceful now!" :D

"whats that noise?"

nV`andrew
08-08-06, 11:08 PM
the KotOR series didnt have too bad ones.

Zelda_fan
08-08-06, 11:41 PM
For one the thief seires. Just listening to their conversations would crack me up.

I also liked a lot of boss bad guys. I'm a big fan of the 1337 HAMM4R BROZ. in Mario & Luigi for the DS.

Super Mario RPG had some great ones too. The Axem Rangers oh my... almost split a liver laughing at those guys.

The Zelda series has always had some cool bosses, especially the OOT.

Bearclaw
08-09-06, 12:06 AM
For one the thief seires. Just listening to their conversations would crack me up.

I also liked a lot of boss bad guys. I'm a big fan of the 1337 HAMM4R BROZ. in Mario & Luigi for the DS.

Super Mario RPG had some great ones too. The Axem Rangers oh my... almost split a liver laughing at those guys.

The Zelda series has always had some cool bosses, especially the OOT.

For me personally I like it when the AI and enemy characters are having conversations or there doing something like that. It adds such a realistic factor to the game. IE: splinter cell. It always helped splinter cell seem more real. It also helped you complete missions cause some of the stuff the guys bsaid you needed to know. :D

mullet
08-09-06, 12:11 AM
NOLF henchmen, best dialog ever

AWSOME I played NOLF for years, that game was very original & fun.

CaptNKILL
08-09-06, 12:22 AM
Vlad, The Jester Spirit and Drake bosses from Shadowrun for the SNES. I think every boss in that game was awesome... every fight was extremely unique and challenging, especially if you didnt use your head.

For example, to defeat Vlad (the vampire) you needed to have a wooden steak (from a magic shop in another part of the city) and a strobe light (from a dance club). You blind him with the strobe, then he spins around confused. You use the steak on him and it scares him, then you talk to him and get all the information you need... then if you want, you can stab him with the steak and get some money and karma (experience).

That game was a masterpiece combination of action, role playing and PC-style adventure gameplay... the boss battles were a big part of that.

Other top baddies:

Baron of Hell from the original Doom
Berzerkers from Quake 2
Tank from Quake 2 (the one that looked like a robot, not the actual tank)
The gigantic dump truck in Carmageddon 2 ;)
The huge mechs in Deus Ex

Ah... so many good memories of baddies... great thread idea :thumbsup:

nutcrackr
08-09-06, 12:29 AM
mercs from Far Cry "Lay the smack down on ya"

ralinn
08-09-06, 05:12 AM
Virgil from DMC3 (in my avatar).

Reminds me of Sephiroth in some ways. Really calm and collected but very cold.

wnd
08-09-06, 05:22 AM
Demogorgon in Nethack (http://www.steelypips.org/nethack/demogorgon_faq.html).

Bearclaw
08-09-06, 10:24 AM
Demogorgon in Nethack (http://www.steelypips.org/nethack/demogorgon_faq.html).

I think this guy wins..damn.

Zelda_fan
08-09-06, 10:52 AM
For me personally I like it when the AI and enemy characters are having conversations or there doing something like that. It adds such a realistic factor to the game. IE: splinter cell. It always helped splinter cell seem more real. It also helped you complete missions cause some of the stuff the guys bsaid you needed to know. :D

Oh I agree, but the dialogue in Thief had a lot more depth to it than what was in Splinter Cell.

"You taffer!"