PDA

View Full Version : creating a character

The_gray_fox
08-09-06, 12:34 AM
YO everyone my brother has found a great character creation guide if anyone has trouble creating a character click this link http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Character_Creation then you will see"the basics in bold letters then look on the first line and you will see Oblivion Character Creation in blue letters click on that that is the best character creation guide we have ever seen:) this site http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion is in my opinion the best oblivion page :) :udawg: so check it out n tell me what you think:D and another thing does any one kno how to make a thread "sticky" if you kno tell me please k thx

Bearclaw
08-09-06, 01:32 AM
YO everyone my brother has found a great character creation guide if anyone has trouble creating a character click this link http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Character_Creation then you will see"the basics in bold letters then look on the first line and you will see Oblivion Character Creation in blue letters click on that that is the best character creation guide we have ever seen:) this site http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion is in my opinion the best oblivion page :) :udawg: so check it out n tell me what you think:D and another thing does any one kno how to make a thread "sticky" if you kno tell me please k thx

Creating a character might take longer than I had imagined. :thumbdwn:

The_gray_fox
08-09-06, 01:42 AM
not really its fast if you know what your doing

Bearclaw
08-09-06, 01:46 AM
not really its fast if you know what your doing
I better start doing some research then before the game gets to my house on thursday!

The_gray_fox
08-09-06, 01:51 AM
yea lol

Bearclaw
08-09-06, 02:04 AM
yea lol

I should be fine, I catch on quickly and if it does take long, oh well. I'm more excited about seeing how large the world is and exploring it.

CaptNKILL
08-09-06, 04:16 AM
It isnt so much catching on, its having a plan for what character you want to play so you dont end up regretting something later (its pretty difficult to change the focus of a character later on)

Deffinitely read one of the guides above if you are relatively new to this kind of game.

The number one rule: Don't waste any skills.

For example, if you want to make a magic user, dont give them a bunch of major stealth and melee skills. With high enough magic skills, you can do just about anything. A minor blade or blunt skill should be all you need for a magic user (in case you run out of mana, you dont want to be totaly defenseless) other than magic and an armor skill. Of course its totaly up to you... thats whats great about these games. You can play whatever way you want. If you want to be a huge, blunt weapon wielding barbarian that also happens to be a very good talker (speechcraft) and healer (restoration magic), then go right ahead. Its your character :)

Hope that helps.

Bearclaw
08-09-06, 10:43 AM
It isnt so much catching on, its having a plan for what character you want to play so you dont end up regretting something later (its pretty difficult to change the focus of a character later on)

Deffinitely read one of the guides above if you are relatively new to this kind of game.

The number one rule: Don't waste any skills.

For example, if you want to make a magic user, dont give them a bunch of major stealth and melee skills. With high enough magic skills, you can do just about anything. A minor blade or blunt skill should be all you need for a magic user (in case you run out of mana, you dont want to be totaly defenseless) other than magic and an armor skill. Of course its totaly up to you... thats whats great about these games. You can play whatever way you want. If you want to be a huge, blunt weapon wielding barbarian that also happens to be a very good talker (speechcraft) and healer (restoration magic), then go right ahead. Its your character :)

Hope that helps.

Any wya of cheating and getting enough skills to cover EVERYTHING? haha.

The_gray_fox
08-09-06, 03:59 PM
not that i can think of o and another thing i recomend to NOT put sercurity in your major skills because when u get to level 10 which is fairly easy you can do the nocturnal deadric shrine quest which gives you the second greatest artifact=the skeleton key which is a unbreakable lock pick n boosts sercurity 5 points so i think its stupited to put sercurity in your major skills

jnd3
08-09-06, 04:09 PM
not that i can think of o and another thing i recomend to NOT put sercurity in your major skills because when u get to level 10 which is fairly easy you can do the nocturnal deadric shrine quest which gives you the second greatest artifact=the skeleton key which is a unbreakable lock pick n boosts sercurity 5 points so i think its stupited to put sercurity in your major skills
The skeleton key boosts Security by 40 points as long as it's in your inventory.

My take on a few other skills:

I'd never take Alchemy as a major skill. Just pick up all the ingredients you can and make potions or poisons. Sell 'em for gold. That was my first skill (a minor one) that hit 100, thanks to a bajillion "Restore Fatigue" potions and the like.

Same goes for Athletics and Acrobatics. You're practically using those all the time anyway, especially if you don't use fast travel. I'm over level 50 in both of those now as well.

I don't think I'd take Armorer as a major skill, either (I didn't with my first character, and I'm somewhere north of level 75 now). It takes some time and training to get it high enough to repair enchanted weapons, but I think it's a waste of a major skill slot.

The_gray_fox
08-09-06, 04:15 PM
i deff recomend to put armeror in major skills cause it can save you alot of money if u pay ppl to repair ur skills you can repair magical itemsat journeyman level (50) and at expert level (75 you can repair items past 100% to 125 % which increases danage forweapons and protection for armor

nV`andrew
08-09-06, 10:23 PM
me

race: breton - good with magicka(magic) and can use a sword quite decently

Class: Custom - War Mage - Did things such as Armorer, Resoration, Conjuration, Blade, and the other Magic Skills.

Birth sign or w.e - The Warrior

So my guy is really good with magicka and is great with a sword. i say create ur own class

The_gray_fox
08-09-06, 11:17 PM
yeaa i got like 4 games going at once on 4 different profiles lol i got a orc male dark elf male imperial female and a nord male