PDA

View Full Version : First time to Oblivion

Pages : [1] 2

Bearclaw
08-09-06, 12:49 AM
I just ordered "Oblivion 4: Elder Scrolls" (I think that is what it is called) from that one site that had the sale for 30 bucks. I am totally new to this game but the graphics look amazing and the sense of wandering aroudn and just aimlessy roaming around sounded cool so I want to check out the whole game. I need a background/facts/tips/hints at what to expect, and what to do. Thanks guys. Any information would be great. :)

The_gray_fox
08-09-06, 01:09 AM
ok check out this site it has everything you need to know about oblivion http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion also if you need help creating a character read my thread under this titled" creating a character"

Bearclaw
08-09-06, 05:11 PM
It comes tomorrow..I can't wait to try this out. I wish it would get here faster.

The_gray_fox
08-09-06, 06:20 PM
lol i bet

de><ta
08-09-06, 07:08 PM
The start of the game is fairly self introductory. Do not read manuals etc. they just spoil the experience (they are good when playing it through the second or third time). Just explore everything, its nice discovering things on your own especially in a rich game such as oblivion.

Bearclaw
08-09-06, 07:21 PM
The start of the game is fairly self introductory. Do not read manuals etc. they just spoil the experience (they are good when playing it through the second or third time). Just explore everything, its nice discovering things on your own especially in a rich game such as oblivion.

Ya i mainly bought it because it boasts it's expansice enviroment. I love that about games, exploring on my own. I was a big fan of Zelda: OCarina of time for N64 because of that. :D

crainger
08-09-06, 08:04 PM
Ya i mainly bought it because it boasts it's expansice enviroment. I love that about games, exploring on my own. I was a big fan of Zelda: OCarina of time for N64 because of that. :D

Well prepare to explore!

Seriously. You could simply forget the main quest and become a full time treasure hunter and hop from dungeon to dungeon.

http://helpdesk.gamehelper.com/kb/682.htm

These are some mods which can really help fix some of the annoyances in the game. Though might be best to save them for a second play though.

Bearclaw
08-09-06, 09:42 PM
Well prepare to explore!

Seriously. You could simply forget the main quest and become a full time treasure hunter and hop from dungeon to dungeon.

http://helpdesk.gamehelper.com/kb/682.htm

These are some mods which can really help fix some of the annoyances in the game. Though might be best to save them for a second play though.

I'll check them out. Thanks!

spirited1
08-09-06, 10:46 PM
Follow the main quest line until you get to the Abbey. The Monk there will tell you to speak to another Monk, who will give you a horse. Get your horse then ride off somewhere and explore. You can come back to the main quest at any point, and I actually think there's more fun to be had by joining the guilds and doing all the side quests (you'll find out what guilds are in the game). Talk to *everyone*.

If you like wandering about at your own pace discovering cool stuff, you'll love Oblivion.

Bearclaw
08-09-06, 10:47 PM
Follow the main quest line until you get to the Abbey. The Monk there will tell you to speak to another Monk, who will give you a horse. Get your horse then ride off somewhere and explore. You can come back to the main quest at any point, and I actually think there's more fun to be had by joining the guilds and doing all the side quests. Talk to *everyone*.

If you like wandering about at your own pace discovering cool stuff, you'll love Oblivion.

Ya, I am excited, the game comes tomorrow. I hope it run alright on my pc. :o

SH64
08-09-06, 10:56 PM
I suggest reading other threads if you are looking for some info ;)

Bearclaw
08-10-06, 12:23 PM
It just arrived, I am in installing it now!

The_gray_fox
08-10-06, 04:03 PM
thats kool

Bearclaw
08-10-06, 04:18 PM
I just met the first monk who told me to go get the Emperor's son. When will I get a horse? Or can I steal one? I want to steal one just for the heck of it.

nV`andrew
08-10-06, 04:29 PM
youll need a lotta of dough for a horse(money :D) but after u do some more of the quest u get a free horse. if u hit tab and go ot ur map u can Fast Travel to locations by clicking on them if uve discvoered them or if they are a main part of a city. get to the part of the quest where u get a horse, and hten i suggest joininng the dark brotherhood (murder sum1 and they come ot u if u go to sleep, not hitting t and waiting, but actually in a bed) or one of the guilds such as Mages or Fighters, etc. explore

Bearclaw
08-10-06, 04:51 PM
youll need a lotta of dough for a horse(money :D) but after u do some more of the quest u get a free horse. if u hit tab and go ot ur map u can Fast Travel to locations by clicking on them if uve discvoered them or if they are a main part of a city. get to the part of the quest where u get a horse, and hten i suggest joininng the dark brotherhood (murder sum1 and they come ot u if u go to sleep, not hitting t and waiting, but actually in a bed) or one of the guilds such as Mages or Fighters, etc. explore

Ya, I just got the horse from one of the monks. I'm exploring now. The horse is kind of slow though...

The_gray_fox
08-10-06, 11:20 PM
not really the theres a free horse in weronry prior cheapest horse above leaywinn 500 most expensive 5000 outside of chiendall

Bearclaw
08-10-06, 11:52 PM
not really the theres a free horse in weronry prior cheapest horse above leaywinn 500 most expensive 5000 outside of chiendall

Ya I got one from the monks, although, they seem slow. I wish you could make them run faster like in Zelda.

On another note, this game is huge. I started out and I have finished the amulet, i saved the two guys sons from the goblins and I just tried to get heir to the throne from that one burning city where the open portal was. IU want to try to concentrate in one city so I am staying with thta firts one..by the monks. And speaking of that, where is the damn painting for the queen and who took it? This is tough. :o

spirited1
08-11-06, 12:44 PM
I was stuck on the missing painting quest too. Especially the dinging room. Here's a clue for the dining room..

doubleclick this bit --> check the floor <--

The_gray_fox
08-11-06, 02:42 PM
yea that mission was hard the first time but now its easy

Bearclaw
08-11-06, 04:33 PM
This whole game is just so expansive. It is going to take a million hours to finish everything. :D

The_gray_fox
08-11-06, 07:59 PM
noy really i read somewhere the game takes 70 to 90 hours

Bearclaw
08-12-06, 02:36 PM

I'm sure it will take more for me. I lik exploring everywhere first, getting to know everywhere. Then actually playing.

nekrosoft13
08-12-06, 04:22 PM

i finished it in about 10

main quest was a joke

Bearclaw
08-12-06, 04:35 PM
i finished it in about 10

main quest was a joke

Then maybe you can help me with this. I am in Kvatch and can't find the Countess. Where is she? The gaurd syas to go and find her and I can't find here anywhere?!?!