PDA

View Full Version : Help me Upgrade my PC

imrankhan1984
08-09-06, 06:32 AM
Hello,

I want to upgrade my PC. You can look at my current PC below. I need help regarding going for sempron or celeron.
I'm a budget user and want a good value for money. Also I'm not a die hard gamer but enough like call of duty, doom and likes.

I really need suggestion regarding CPU and motherboard.
thanks

DataMatrix
08-09-06, 06:59 AM
Well, tell us what budget you have and then we can see what we can rustle up for you.

imrankhan1984
08-09-06, 07:09 AM
well I need to change my motherboard, processor and memory only.
so anything around $150 will be fine for me.
any hope of getting Athlon 64 around this price

Lazaredz
08-09-06, 07:14 AM
For $150 I don't think you are going to be able to upgrade to anything recent, at least not brand new.

You MIGHT be able to find someone parting out their old system for a Conroe upgrade and snag a good deal. I would suggest the FS/FT forums here and over at Anandtech. Just make sure the seller has good HEAT (sell/trade review) and you should be good to go.

Good luck!

imrankhan1984
08-09-06, 07:15 AM
I have no problem, getting a bit old system. I certanly don't want any thing brand new!

Bearclaw
08-09-06, 09:41 AM
I have no problem, getting a bit old system. I certanly don't want any thing brand new!

Well, you could always get a AMD Athlon 6400 3000+. There are some out there as low as 60 bucks, and a cheaper motherboard. You would have to wait for the RAM but an extra 50 bucks could get you 512mb and you could upgrade from that when you had the money. And depending on your PC it might be IDE for the hard drive. I am guessing it is, so you will need a new hard drive.

DataMatrix
08-09-06, 04:05 PM
Well, you could always get a AMD Athlon 6400 3000+. There are some out there as low as 60 bucks, and a cheaper motherboard. You would have to wait for the RAM but an extra 50 bucks could get you 512mb and you could upgrade from that when you had the money. And depending on your PC it might be IDE for the hard drive. I am guessing it is, so you will need a new hard drive.

He should try and get a cheap SATA motherboard, since PATA is on it's way out...

Bearclaw
08-09-06, 04:07 PM
He should try and get a cheap SATA motherboard, since PATA is on it's way out...

True, he could save even mroe money doing that. :D