PDA

View Full Version : Do you use modified drivers? Which kind?

Lazaredz
08-09-06, 05:17 PM
Just wondering what drivers you all use. If you are using a modified version, which ones do you like? If not, why not?

I've been using the XG series lately. Mostly because it was the only one I was aware of when I got my 6800 and I have not had a problem with them yet.

SH64
08-11-06, 03:33 PM
I dont use any modified drivers .. only official/beta FW :)

CDE_1246
08-11-06, 04:56 PM
Used to use NGO Optimized but i think it crashed to much (than again my computer had alot of problems then). But what really makes modified drivers any better?

rewt
08-11-06, 05:34 PM
I use official drivers and mod them myself using NVTweak/NVTray programs that I made ;)

If a new driver doesn't support my card, then I get the inf from www.laptopvideo2go.com

I can also mod the inf myself if necessary (when Pieter has his hands full with the kids).

RejZoR
08-11-06, 05:41 PM
I usually use stock ForceWare drivers and tweak them on my own. I usually get modded INF files from 3rd party sites (coz i'm lazy, otherwise i make them by myself). I prefer DHzer0point (donno, but this name sounds so cool), though i'm just testing NGO ones. Both are fine and i can't really complain. Though nothing drastical compared to stock FW. Maybe a bit faster in OGL but again nothing drastical.

mobilenvidia
08-12-06, 12:28 AM
I use official drivers and mod them myself using NVTweak/NVTray programs that I made ;)

If a new driver doesn't support my card, then I get the inf from www.laptopvideo2go.com

I can also mod the inf myself if necessary (when Pieter has his hands full with the kids).
Hehe, you know me well :) the kids do eat my time now, but when they sleep I play
I don't add any performance tweaks to the INFs, just try and enable everyting that NV keeps hidden from us.

We do also have performance/quality enhancements which can be added by going to this page (http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/enhancer)
Here you can select either best quality or best performance and apply it to any driver version that is in our database.
These settings can also be applied using the Control panel, but for the noob this can be daunting and we've done the hard work.
It will apply all the nescesary registry tweaks upon install.

Enjoy.

K007
08-12-06, 12:36 AM
Dont need modified drivers..stopped using them along time ago. Using Beta/Official Drivers only.