PDA

View Full Version : beavis and butthead virus?

Rootdown
08-10-06, 09:59 PM
so far in two games(tony hawk's american wasteland and splinter cell chaos theory) i've seen certain textures replaced with advertisements for the current volume(vol 3) of the beavis and butthead dvds. in thaw it's just random posters on the buildings that have been replaced and in chaos theory it's the textures used on the laptops.

anyone have a clue? i find it kinda funny and annoying at the same time.

Infinity666
08-10-06, 10:30 PM
so far in two games(tony hawk's american wasteland and splinter cell chaos theory) i've seen certain textures replaced with advertisements for the current volume(vol 3) of the beavis and butthead dvds. in thaw it's just random posters on the buildings that have been replaced and in chaos theory it's the textures used on the laptops.

anyone have a clue? i find it kinda funny and annoying at the same time.

hehe thats nutty :confused:

|MaguS|
08-10-06, 10:39 PM
Don't both of those games have streaming ads?

ynnek
08-10-06, 11:43 PM
omg, thats hillarious.. can you please post screen shots?!!

i did a quick google and other people see this..

wow.

Acid Rain
08-11-06, 12:34 AM
Wow, how horribly lame. Yeah, these types of out of place ads sure do ad to the game atmosphere. :rolleyes:

stncttr908
08-11-06, 07:46 AM
Yeah, SC:CT has those ads, an its lame.

Pafet
08-12-06, 01:28 PM
he he he cool.. hehe hehhe cool

Zelda_fan
08-12-06, 01:33 PM
I will never buy games that do this ****. A good game is art imho. Do you think they'd allow a banner add across the mona lisa? Of course not. I don't see why it's acceptable to do this in games.

anticitizenzero
08-13-06, 11:10 AM
I"m playing Splinter Cell and I get ads for The Boondocks DVD

Rakeesh
08-13-06, 11:18 AM
If the game was free, I would understand, but you paid for the damn thing so there shouldn't be any ads at all.

nrdstrm
08-13-06, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't mind in a game where it makes sense (Tony Hawk is ok for me). But I heard the ads in splinter cell are in places where they shouldn't be and breaks immersion...I couldn't say, since I havn't played either one...

Acid Rain
08-13-06, 04:50 PM
If the game was free, I would understand, but you paid for the damn thing so there shouldn't be any ads at all.Exactly. Imagine watching your LoTRs: Return of the King dvd, and they run a sweeping slow-motion pan by a McDonalds snapped down in the middle of the final battle. Hell no. That's about how well these SC:CT ads fit into their environment.