PDA

View Full Version : Are the 7900 GTX cards Dual-Link?

Digital_Trans
08-11-06, 02:31 AM
This might be a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyways......
I recently purchased a Dell 3007WFP 30-inch LCD Monitor and I wanna make sure that my 7900 GTX have a Dual-Link connection. From what 've been reading about in reviews one of which is not dual-link capable. A single dual-link DVI connector is required to use the maximum resolution of this screen. If a dual-link is not present, a 1280x1024 pixels image will be displayed. So I need to make sure that I connect the monitor on the proper DVI connector as most dual-link cards have two DVI connectors, one of which is not dual-link capable. Any suggestions please?

ATOJAR
08-11-06, 05:48 AM
Well im guessing the primary DVI connector would be dual-link capable, its usually the DVI connector closest to the motherboard, i think.....

nekrosoft13
08-11-06, 06:29 AM
it should be dual-link, the DVI connector is dual-link

sharangad
08-11-06, 12:55 PM
This might be a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyways......
I recently purchased a Dell 3007WFP 30-inch LCD Monitor and I wanna make sure that my 7900 GTX have a Dual-Link connection. From what 've been reading about in reviews one of which is not dual-link capable. A single dual-link DVI connector is required to use the maximum resolution of this screen. If a dual-link is not present, a 1280x1024 pixels image will be displayed. So I need to make sure that I connect the monitor on the proper DVI connector as most dual-link cards have two DVI connectors, one of which is not dual-link capable. Any suggestions please?

I think it has one dual link and one single link connector. With single link you can go up to 1920x1200@60Hz.

MikeC
08-11-06, 01:51 PM
From what I understand, both DVI connections on the GeForce 7900 GTX are dual-link.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/DVI_Connector_Types.svg/181px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

jAkUp
08-11-06, 02:02 PM
Both are Dual Link DVI.

Digital_Trans
08-12-06, 06:14 AM
I'm going to be using a MonsterCable M500DVI-2m HDTV DVI Cable Digital DVI to connect to the massive Dell 30" Ultrasharp Monitor.

MonsterCable M500DVI-2m Specs: Monster Cable M500DVI-2m HDTV DVI Cable Digital DVI

DVI500 Super-High Performance DVI-D Video Cable for HDTV 2 Meter Cable

DVI-D Single Link Cable.
Ideal for all DVI connections including HDTV, set top boxes, DVD players, and A/V receivers.
Quad-layer shielding for maximum rejection of EMI and RFI.
Nitrogen gas-injected dielectric for high velocity and maximum signal strength, even over longer lengths.
Sleek attractive mesh jacket provides durability and protection.
UL CL3-Rated for in-wall use.

HDTV Demands A More Advanced All-Digital Video Interface
Most ordinary DVI cables are prone to impedance variances and loss of signal strength, while poor shielding causes the cable to radiate radio frequency and electromagnetic interference out to the rest of your system. As a result, you’ll notice blurred images, and a loss of color fidelity and image detail.

Gas-Injection for Optimum DVI Bitstream Transfer
DVI specifications are absolutely unforgiving when it comes to impedance variances. That’s why Monster developed a unique gas-injected dielectric. This creates uniform, microscopic cells that keep the conductor in the cable’s exact center. This maintains precision 100-Ohm impedance and delivers the digital signal in its pristine state. Maximum Protection

Full Coverage Quad Shielding
For maximum rejection of interference, M500DVI features two high density layers of 100% mylar foil which reject high frequency RF interference and two 95% copper braids, which reject low frequency EM interference. M500DVI lets absolutely zero noise radiate out, so your picture is free from noise induced digital artifacts.

Final note: The cable cost me $99.00......Feedback Please? :D

Digital_Trans
08-12-06, 10:24 AM
Yes these cards are dual dual link DVI capable... for two 3007^^

What do you think of my DVI Monster Cable?

XServer
08-12-06, 01:11 PM
geforce 7900 gtx is dual-link capable check your cable. i kile the cable i spend a $100.00 buck on it have one to.

jAkUp
08-12-06, 05:46 PM
I have that cable :) Awesome DVI cable

Digital_Trans
08-12-06, 08:41 PM
Yeah, that cable is sweet! Thanks for the information very useful indeed. :D Now I wanna make my own Red Camaro a Green Nvidia SLI show case! :)

Slammin
08-12-06, 10:57 PM
What do you think of my DVI Monster Cable?

You probably paid too much for it. :D

Digital_Trans
08-13-06, 01:53 AM
Yes, but that's fine! I want the best quality you can get. I'm not cheap when it comes to digital/HD display. Hell, the monitor alone cost almost as much as my computer.

Digital_Trans
08-14-06, 09:31 AM
The MonsterCable M500DVI-2m Specs: Monster Cable M500DVI-2m HDTV DVI Cable Digital DVI didn't work on my Dell Ultrasharp 30" LCD Monitor.
So now I'm in the market for a brand new one!

Lazaredz
08-14-06, 09:44 AM
Something wrong with the cable that came with the monitor?

Digital_Trans
08-14-06, 10:39 AM
The monstercable I was trying to use was a (DVI-I) Single Link. Not a Dual link. The dual link has more pins. At any rate can anyone suggest a high quality ( DVI-I) Dual Link Cable? :D I don't like using Dell's stock ( DVI-I) Dual Link Cable. I want something that compares to the quality of MonsterCable or AudioQuest.