PDA

View Full Version : Any idea when BF2 Fixed?

K007
08-11-06, 06:48 AM
I haven't played BF2 in along time..probably stopped just before 1.3 came out..then recently loaded it up again..was very bored..and it is a pain in the ass..

Wtf is with this lag spikes that i get? its like 15-20ms for like 4-5 seconds..then 200-600-900 for like 2 seconds..and this causes me to roll back..move in different directions..scopes/secondary use stuff just goes complete useless...its impossible to play..certain times i get it perferct..here and there spike..but 95% of the time i try to play a game..its just crap crap crap crap crap crap...and i just quit the game and go why the **** i wasted time loading that game...

Fromt what i understand BF2142 will be alot more smoother..but i aint gonna buy bf2142 just so that i can get a decent online gameplay..my connection is fine..i play CS:S without a spike at all..FEAR..COD2..pings range between 20-30 and 10-15 for those games..same with BF2 only the spike i get makes it impossible to do anything..all i get is this..

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6179/untitledii4.jpg

rudedog
08-11-06, 07:33 AM
Before blaming the game, have you tried to do a tracert to the server?

I know my provider Brighthouse cable has been having issues with their side, they are complete idiots and if you look at their routing tables you can see why I get my lag in all games sometimes.

Or it could be the owner of the server or their GSP trying to run too many games or clients on one box.

Vik1dk
08-11-06, 08:11 AM
Its the game for sure, this and the server crashes are so far the worst bugs DICE gave us with patch 1.3.
Actually 1.3 are the worst POS patch ive ever seen to any game, and with 1000+ hours and tons of clanwars i realy hope they get 1.4 right

RAY16
08-11-06, 08:37 AM
There will be one more patch that breaks more things than it fixes, and then shortly before the release of BF2142 EA will announce that all support for BF2 is being dropped.

Have fun.

MaXThReAT
08-11-06, 08:37 AM
I don't play anymore. I would if it wasn't for Ranked server Hacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6fMUB8p1HA&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw7pXxXx14U&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26DgRpSS6wc&mode=related&search=

K007
08-11-06, 08:39 AM
I am from Australia with Telstra Cable connecting to there GameArena Servers..pings are fine..if there is something wrong with the connections i would experience it something in CS:S/FEAR..in CS:S i have really high rates 40000/100/100 with 0 choke on 32 players / etc..the servers here are pretty good..and bieng with Telstra is a big bonus as there is only 2 cable companys in aus ><..plus free bandwidth on the servers -.-..

As for BF2..after playing arround with alot of tweaks and etc..i just got fed up of it..not gonna buy bf2142 as a band aid for a problem in the game in 1.3 bf2 till they fix it on this game.

I used to play on my old rig 6800gt and back then 1.2 i think was along time ago..never had this issue..i checked arround are server forums and alot of people have it..infact if i check the score card and watch for spikes..alot of people randomly just jumps up alot and goes down....its really annoying..its next to impossible to actually play the game properly without this problem..i tried very low player and 64..all same ****..hell even on 10/64 ones i get it..thats annoying.

MaXThReAT
08-11-06, 09:52 AM
I highly HIGHLY doubt it is anything on your end man. DICE already has your money and everyone else’s. Sure they care if the game works but it's way far on the back burner right now. Ever since the last patch I get there is a problem with your connection message on every server at some point. The message should say there is a problem with our game, sorry.

Becoming
08-11-06, 10:53 AM
Yup. The problem in the original post was exactly why I quit playing and it definately started after a patch. One of the patches afterward actually fixed it for like a week until they had to release a patch for that patch ("hotfix") and then it was screwed again. They'll never get another dime from me after that.

Buenamos
08-11-06, 11:03 AM
I've never had a problem with bf2, ran fine ever since it came out.

CaptNKILL
08-11-06, 11:06 AM
Yeah I havent played BF2 in a long time.

Its a shame. I think the gameplay has been much better since they nerfed the irritating aircraft... but its just too much of a pain in the ass to play the game. I usually spend 15 minutes f***ing with the server browser and by the time I get into a game Im in a bad mood, and then it will disconnect when it starts to get good. I rarely even bother trying to play again after that.

Its too bad. The game had and still has a ton of potential. Its just such a chore to get working and play... :(

Becoming
08-11-06, 04:29 PM
I've installed it on multiple machines and sometimes there will be files missing for certain installs and other weird garbage that just shouldn't be happening. Their installers and patches blow and it's no surprise so many people have issues when they can't even make an installer that can do the job correctly 100% of the time (and that's with AV and firewalls disabled. i tested it both ways just for the hell of it). Added to all of that is the fact that their "support" for the game is practically non-existant and you have a franchise that I've come to hate. Dice can lick me, I'll be waiting for Quakewars.

muaddib
08-11-06, 05:10 PM
I really really hope 2142 is going to have less bugs and quirks than its predecessor. I have BF2, and I want to purchase the SF expansion pack, but since RAY16 mentioned BF2 support is going to be dropped pretty soon, is it worth it? Thx.

J-Mag
08-11-06, 05:31 PM
use 1.22 it doesn't have nearly the same server crash problems that 1.3 has.

de><ta
08-11-06, 06:29 PM
Regarding the server browser, if you only have 4 filter options selected then the server browser works like a charm.

There are fixes for a lot of such problems, the forums at bf2s.com are a good place to start. On the other hand there are other gameplay related problems that I wish they'd fix.

I used to have problems with my ping too but then I found out it was an issue with nat and zonealarm that was causing it.

Becoming
08-11-06, 08:38 PM
I thought that too, but I don't have a router and I disabled my firewall to test it and still got the ping/lag issue, BUT it was fine before one of the patches screwed it all up for me.

ShiningArcanine
08-12-06, 06:04 PM
EA is working on Battlefield 2 1.4. I believe that the patch will be released on the 15th.

By the way, might I suggest that you try playing Project Reality:

http://www.realitymod.com/

It is what Battlefield 2 should have been.