PDA

View Full Version : Msi K7n2-l

NeoGeo
02-12-03, 07:09 PM
right, i currently have a Hercules Fortissimo II, and understand the MSI NF2 has 5.1 SoundStorm onboard, which is good, or so ive been told.

Will it be any improvement over what ive got? I only actually use it for stereo sound, but plan on surround in the future.

Also, any thoughts on that board would be nice :)

StuRReaL
02-14-03, 06:15 PM
one answer needed i think

YES

The soundstorm is better than the audigy :) i have a fortissimo2 in my cupboard never to see the light of day again, bloody thing always messed up MD recording and ALWAYS crashed on hardware sound

oh buy the abit NF7-S it has optical digital out, the rest seem to have coax which is neither use nor orniment

NeoGeo
02-14-03, 07:49 PM
cool, thanks

I wont be getting another Abit, gone off them, this KX7 doesnt seem great really... i have no use for optical out, my surround processor has coax in, so therefore its useful to me :-)

StuRReaL
02-15-03, 03:06 AM
ah ha well thats fair enough then

NeoGeo
02-15-03, 07:54 AM
i dunno what the big fuss is about Abit boards, my KT7A was nice at the time, but this KX7 doesnt seem to keep up with the competition at all. It boots rather slowly, even compared to an MSI KT3, its quite strange :rolleyes:

Hence my decision to move away from Abit..:)

ReDeeMeR
02-15-03, 07:06 PM
I dont think there's SoundStrom in MSI board man, it's Realtek,
that's why they are cheaper and yeah that SS being better then Audigy is bs :)

NeoGeo
02-15-03, 08:39 PM
oh crap :(

can anyone else confirm this?? If so that means going for a more expensive board, damn!!! Can't afford 2400 now....! :rolleyes:

ReDeeMeR
02-15-03, 09:37 PM
Yeah man, I was also going to buy one and 2400+ , but I dont want realtek sound in it because Nvidia drivers dont work with those boards, you have to have SS in it, even if I dont need it :(

http://www.3dvelocity.com/reviews/msik7n2g/k7n2g.htm