PDA

View Full Version : PS3 and Xbox360, which is bigger?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Marvel_us
08-11-06, 04:25 PM
PS3 FTW? Maybe, just keep in mind that it's PSU is internal.

Linky (http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=2006081195220737049&releaseId=20060314115917309058)

LiquidX
08-11-06, 04:40 PM
Thats bigger than I thought it was. Many felt the Japanese were put off by the Xbox size so I wonder how they will feel about the PS3's size. Still very sleek and elegant though.

Peoples-Agent
08-11-06, 04:45 PM
I think they both look pretty good, but really do feel a power supply as a seperate item is better policy. That goes pop in a PS3 and it's likely to take other parts with it, plus the repairs will be more expensive than just ordering a new one.

Pro's and con's to both I suppose.

Boogalo
08-11-06, 04:45 PM
is the ps3 really going to be that ugly? the 360 looks svelt by comparison

Bad_Boy
08-11-06, 04:57 PM
Thats bigger than I thought it was. Many felt the Japanese were put off by the Xbox size so I wonder how they will feel about the PS3's size. Still very sleek and elegant though.
Pretty much what I was thinking. As long as it runs cool and quiet I'll be happy.

ArturNOW
08-11-06, 05:12 PM
At firts I didn't like PS3's design, but now I think otherwise. It's nice and stylish, but damn big (nana2)

nekrosoft13
08-11-06, 05:12 PM
wow, thats is ugly

GamerGuyX
08-11-06, 05:40 PM
Why are some of you acting like this is the first time you have seen the PS3?

evilchris
08-11-06, 06:04 PM
I thought the X360 looked gay but the PS3 takes gayness to a new level. I wish they'd throw the damn things into a standard home a/v component chassis so it blends in instead of trying to lower the drag coefficient of it.

S.I.N
08-11-06, 06:08 PM
Why are some of you acting like this is the first time you have seen the PS3?

Where has there been pics of both of them side by side to really get a contrast of how it look next to each other? Looks like the Japanese are going to need wheelbarrow. That thing is going to look perfect in my entertainment center with the rest of my equipment. Size matters. (nana2)

|MaguS|
08-11-06, 06:13 PM
PS3 isn't that much bigger then the X360 when you take into account that the X360 has a HUGE external PSU.

THe size isn't that big of an issue, I just dislike its big curve at the top. Forces you to put it on the top of a stack or have it sitting on the left side of a cabinet when its standing up, pretty limiting. I do like the black shine with the silver trim though.

S.I.N
08-11-06, 06:36 PM
PS3 isn't that much bigger then the X360 when you take into account that the X360 has a HUGE external PSU.

THe size isn't that big of an issue, I just dislike its big curve at the top. Forces you to put it on the top of a stack or have it sitting on the left side of a cabinet when its standing up, pretty limiting. I do like the black shine with the silver trim though.

Its not like you can take half of the PS3 off to make it smaller to make more room and you can hide away the 360 PSU by compaison so the PS3 is damn huge. No accounting about it.

LycosV
08-11-06, 08:12 PM
I thought the X360 looked gay but the PS3 takes gayness to a new level. I wish they'd throw the damn things into a standard home a/v component chassis so it blends in instead of trying to lower the drag coefficient of it.

I agree. I want the ability to stack my components.

GamerGuyX
08-11-06, 08:57 PM
Where has there been pics of both of them side by side to really get a contrast of how it look next to each other? Looks like the Japanese are going to need wheelbarrow. That thing is going to look perfect in my entertainment center with the rest of my equipment. Size matters. (nana2)

Did I say "Why are some of you acting like this is the first time you have seen pics of the PS3 compared to the 360?"

That's not what I said.

What I did say: Why are some of you acting like this is the first time you have seen the PS3?

Mr_LoL
08-11-06, 10:25 PM
I think it looks quite good especially in silver. I just hope I can get one on launch day.

GamerGuyX
08-11-06, 11:08 PM
I think it looks quite good especially in silver. I just hope I can get one on launch day.

I get every console on launch. Even I know how much of a bitch this is going to be this time.

Mr_LoL
08-11-06, 11:15 PM
I get every console on launch. Even I know how much of a bitch this is going to be this time.

How many consoles do you plan on getting? I was thinking about getting two and putting one on ebay nut I dont even think I am even going to get one.

dwhjr77
08-11-06, 11:26 PM
The Spiderman font bugs the crap out of me. Both SKU's of PS3 should come with a Blu-Ray of Spiderman 1 and 2. Least it'll give people a taste of high def.

|MaguS|
08-11-06, 11:29 PM
The Spiderman font bugs the crap out of me. Both SKU's of PS3 should come with a Blu-Ray of Spiderman 1 and 2. Least it'll give people a taste of high def.

That would be nice but I dout it will come with anything worth of value, I can see it coming with trailers and demos preloaded on the HD though.

GamerGuyX
08-11-06, 11:31 PM
How many consoles do you plan on getting? I was thinking about getting two and putting one on ebay nut I dont even think I am even going to get one.

I'll be getting one for myself because I know I'll never get around to saving up $1200 for two.

Acid Rain
08-12-06, 12:57 AM
I agree. I want the ability to stack my components.So, stacking hot, expensive components on top of hot, expensive components ftw? No thanks.

The people that do that kind of thing in the living room are the people who have the below in their computer room. :lol:

Zelda_fan
08-12-06, 12:58 AM

The blu-ray format is barely better than DVD in currently released hardware. If you want a taste of Hi-Def then get HD-DVD.

Bman212121
08-12-06, 01:34 AM
So, stacking hot, expensive components on top of hot, expensive components ftw? No thanks.

The people that do that kind of thing in the living room are the people who have the below in their computer room. :lol:

Nice Find. I would agree that it is probably a good thing that it is rounded. I would be less worried about the other components over the PS3 becoming really hot. It's basically a pc in a really small form so it is going to need decent airflow. I can already see the thing melting because someone set a reciever on top of it inside of a closed cabinet.

Peoples-Agent
08-12-06, 03:23 AM
I still struggle to justify getting one atm.

Would like to know more about the exclusive game titles coming to this system, once they begin rolling out I might be tempted, but won't touch one for a good year or so.

Knot3D
08-12-06, 05:57 AM
Aside the usual PS3 vs XB360 discussion ; i really like PS3's design ALOT better than XB360's.

I admit, it's somewhat slimmer preview casing was better, but the final casing still looks ultra slick. Ow.. yeah.. i'm against stacking as well.:thumbdwn: