PDA

View Full Version : nVIDIA Control Panel Questions

bagman
08-11-06, 10:30 PM
Hi there
Just a couple of questions to clear my understanding up on the following:

Hardware Acceleration: The Compatibility and Performance modes, are they purely for OpenGL games ??? If not running OpenGL it should be set at Single GPU ??

Multi-GPU Performance mode: Generally should be left as what nVidia has pre-set for the game profiles. If creating a new game profile, set to AUTO Select to minimize problems, particularly for older games ??

I'm running a 7950GX2 which is really a multi-GPU not a SLI set-up, from my understanding

cheers and thanks in advance for replying

Xion X2
08-14-06, 10:09 AM
Hardware Acceleration: The Compatibility and Performance modes, are they purely for OpenGL games ??? If not running OpenGL it should be set at Single GPU ??

From my understanding, hardware acceleration deals with sound settings, not graphics. When it's set to full you should get optimum sound quality.

Multi-GPU Performance mode: Generally should be left as what nVidia has pre-set for the game profiles. If creating a new game profile, set to AUTO Select to minimize problems, particularly for older games ??

Always keep multi-GPU set to on. The GX2 is a multi-GPU card.

As for the rest of the game settings, you shouldn't have to change anything but normal graphics options (anti-aliasing level, anisotropic filtering level, etc.) If you like, you can set up a profile in the control panel for your game so you don't have to repeat this process.

There is another option you might need to mess with in your control panel: AFR, SFR, SFR2(?)--which are the rendering modes for SLi. It's been a while since I had my GX2 so you'll probably need to ask someone else for advice on that. Some rendering modes work better than others for certain games.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, and something else. I would recommend using the 91.29 drivers as guys are having lots of problems out of the newer ones (mainly having their performance cut in half.) I never had a single performance issue when I had my GX2 and I ran the 91.29's.

nekrosoft13
08-14-06, 11:15 AM
.29 will cause rendering problems with certain WMV files and might cause BSOD while playing certain WMV and DVDs

Xion X2
08-14-06, 11:40 AM
^ Every driver has issues, but I never had my performance sliced in half. ;)

nekrosoft13
08-14-06, 12:07 PM
^ Every driver has issues, but I never had my performance sliced in half. ;)

that only happens if i change from Multi-Screen mode to Single-Screen mode in advance settings in new control panel