PDA

View Full Version : Serious Issues with 90 Series Forceware

The Bigman
08-11-06, 10:41 PM
I did some major testing with stuff from video and Games and came up with the drivers being the issue.

I run Beyond tv watch recorded video and do demos and got stuff from poping scratching audio form my sound card and im not refering to the XFI , yea we know the issues with that thing but anyway i got rid of forceware 91.33's and the bogus x16 nforce drivers from july which don't really work well with nforce 4 sli16 boards anyway.

I went back to 84.56 forceware and the nforce 6.85's for intel amd x16 and solved all my problems.

I would bet color blocks as frames moved in video in beony media and wavy bars in tv in beyond tv and FarCry would freeze up in SLi with the 90's went back to 80's not scratching audio when doing stuff with SLI on, and no colory blocks in frames when viewing videos.

A Nvidia rep i know through messenger said their is alot of issues with 90 drivers he can't comment on.

I seriously hope they cam fix alot of these issues with the 90 drivers or im sticking with 84.56 for awhile.

The Bigman
08-12-06, 09:10 PM
Can someone please comment on this.

|MaguS|
08-12-06, 09:14 PM
Why do you need us to comment? You have your "Nvidia Rep" to talk to about the issues...

I have no issues at all with my rig and the 90 Series.

Slammin
08-12-06, 10:43 PM
Actually, he only knows an nVidia rep though a messenger, so it's not like he actually 'knows' an nVidia rep, so I think we should add our comments since they might be more accurate than my cousin's brother-in-laws' sisters boyfriend.

But I have heard that nobody else has been forced to drop back to last years drivers, both video and system, to get their system to run right, and I heard this through a very, very reliable source.

Rayman1968
08-12-06, 11:51 PM
I'm stuck using the 81.98 drivers on my system. Anything newer screws up HL2 Source-based games (low, fluctuating frame rates).

JaylumX
08-13-06, 03:02 AM
I can't use the 90 series because it really messes up deinterlacing. I use my machine as a HTPC and have had to drop to the 84.21 because bad deinterlacing. on the 90 series especially on DVDs that are hybrid Film and Video). On the 90 Series, it just buggered, but on the 80, Hybrid source are deinterlaced but it stutters. Switching to automatic buggers up deinterlacing. So as i see it pure video is seriously buggered on the 80 Series (which is bearable) and worst on the 90 Series (which is intolerable)

grey_1
08-13-06, 03:04 AM
Can someone please comment on this.

I had trouble with the 91.31's, but the 91.33's and 91.45's have been very consistent, good performers across the board.

So far using FEAR, hl2, Doom3, wmp11 beta, no issues found yet.

SLippe
08-13-06, 05:22 AM
some say the 90 series has a problem with java runtime component... is this true?
I've been tryin' to install the software for my HP PSC 1110 All-In-One printer/scanner/copier and I can for the life of me get the Director to work. The other parts of the software come up, but not the director. I'm wondering if this doesn't have something to do with drivers and/or java?

|MaguS|
08-13-06, 08:44 AM
some say the 90 series has a problem with java runtime component... is this true?

Not for me, I have to run Java all the time for work.

The Bigman
08-13-06, 02:34 PM
I can play gams fine with 90 drivers execpt FarCry which lcoks up during gameplay but it doesn't do that with 80 drivers.

Its all in video that i have problems with 90 drivers and scratching from my audigy 2zs with 90's went back to 80's and haven't had the scraching sounds during app startups at all.

Can installing the WDM's effect video even if their not being used?

grey_1
08-13-06, 03:14 PM
I've been tryin' to install the software for my HP PSC 1110 All-In-One printer/scanner/copier and I can for the life of me get the Director to work. The other parts of the software come up, but not the director. I'm wondering if this doesn't have something to do with drivers and/or java?

My 1610 installed fine with all software working as advertised.

pnut_gallery
08-13-06, 04:22 PM
The only issue I have with the 90 series is that the new CP takes ages to open, everything else seems to work fine, except the fact that I can't uninstall the driver properly.

blurp
08-13-06, 07:07 PM
I can't use the 90 series either because the GPU freq does not throttle back from 650 to 275 when I quit a 3D game after I use Standby or Hibernation. It bugs me big time. I tried every tip around: DriverCleaner, Mobo Bios change, Chipset Driver change, remove rivatuner, etc. No Go! What puzzles me is that I seem alone with this pain.

The Bigman
08-13-06, 07:43 PM
I had that issue too. The 84.25's are a very good set of drivers.