PDA

View Full Version : XBox360 a failure in progress

garikfox
08-11-06, 11:11 PM
Just got me a XBox360 2 weeks ago, After 1 week, It failed !(GPU artifacts), So I got a 2nd one on Monday, It failed Today !! (Reading on the web and one guy was on his 6th one and still he wasnt feeling good about it.)

Mnfr. Date - On my first one was 2-03-06

2nd one was 3-08-06.

If you own a XBox360 It will FAIL !! Hands Down !!! (Just a matter of time.)

(The reason is Overheating ! Very bad like I said the design Sucks Balls !, LoL)

So im not gonna be a 6th xbox fan so Im gonna wait for PS3 !

Good going M$ !

|MaguS|
08-11-06, 11:17 PM
Nintendo systems are the only ones that never suffer from mechanical failure, usually they have other faults. No consoles are ever perfect.

I had an X360 fail on me but the replacement so far is running great.

jAkUp
08-11-06, 11:20 PM
Meh, PS3 could have the same problem. When you pack so much in so little its bound to have heat issues. If I had an XB360 I would probably try to WC it :D

Stoneyguy
08-11-06, 11:40 PM
You know, you read about all the torture that these things go thru as enginering samples before it gets a green light for production.... so why can't it work in a normal living room enviroment?

GamerGuyX
08-11-06, 11:59 PM
I've had my Xbox 360 since the day it launched. I have never had a problem with it. I use it hours upon hours a day.

Bearclaw
08-12-06, 12:29 AM
With you guys being so into gaming on PC's as well as other consoles, what would you guys suggest? I used to be big into Xbox and then built my own PC so I do all my gaming on that now. Do you guys prefer Xbox360, etc. or PC gaming?

LycosV
08-12-06, 01:46 AM
With you guys being so into gaming on PC's as well as other consoles, what would you guys suggest? I used to be big into Xbox and then built my own PC so I do all my gaming on that now. Do you guys prefer Xbox360, etc. or PC gaming?

You'll play alot of whatever is new to you, PC, X-Box, C64. :) I definatly "prefer" PC gaming in that if I had to choose one I would go with the PC hands down. Mostly it depends on what kind of games you like playing. Simulators, strategy games, and FPS you can't go wrong with a PC. Third person games or a lot of RPG's, get a console. I have an X-Box, a 360, and a PC and I have to say I enjoy them all. The X-Box a lot less now that I have the 360. :)

Bearclaw
08-12-06, 01:54 AM
You'll play alot of whatever is new to you, PC, X-Box, C64. :) I definatly "prefer" PC gaming in that if I had to choose one I would go with the PC hands down. Mostly it depends on what kind of games you like playing. Simulators, strategy games, and FPS you can't go wrong with a PC. Third person games or a lot of RPG's, get a console. I have an X-Box, a 360, and a PC and I have to say I enjoy them all. The X-Box a lot less now that I have the 360. :)

Ya, I thought the Splinter Cell series was awesome for the Xbox console and I thought the graphics for it were even better. I primarily like PC now just because the graphics can be so much better, if you have the right hardware. it's also ncie that of something goes wrong you can fix it yourself on a PC, where as on another console you might be able to but probably not.

garikfox
08-12-06, 02:11 AM
I've had my Xbox 360 since the day it launched. I have never had a problem with it. I use it hours upon hours a day.

it will fail, hate too tell ya. :(

(M$ lifespan of the 360 is supposed to be 10+yrs. I dont think so, I say MOS. !)

garikfox
08-12-06, 02:13 AM

hands Down PC games are By far the BEST of the Crop, Only if you have a killer GPU !

(There also ALOT harder to play and the Difficulty of the game increases.)

Peoples-Agent
08-12-06, 02:31 AM
I dunno, I think now the market is totally leaned towards console gaming.

It swings in roundabouts for me, right now i've just turned console orientated.
It's nice being able to sit down and have a game with the gf, but on the PC we can't do that.

If you can sell a kidney or blood, it pays to have them both...

As it stands i'm working way too many hours to be bothered with PC gaming right now, rather just chuck a disk in and play away.

Demon_82
08-12-06, 09:28 AM
At least the XBOX360 is being sold for months by now... at first a couple of years ago it was supposed to be launched at the same time than the Nintendo Revolution (Wee) and the PlayStation 3, wich at this speed will compete with the third XBOX version XD

|MaguS|
08-12-06, 10:48 AM
hands Down PC games are By far the BEST of the Crop, Only if you have a killer GPU !

(There also ALOT harder to play and the Difficulty of the game increases.)

It all depends what games your into... PC Gaming pretty much sucks for RPGs at this time (future titles will aid in its rebirth) and if your a fighting fan then well theres no other option but consoles... heck even 3rd person games are starting to get in short supply.

GamerGuyX
08-12-06, 11:20 AM

(M$ lifespan of the 360 is supposed to be 10+yrs. I dont think so, I say MOS. !)

I bet you it wont. ;)

Seems like the 360 is not for you. Time to return it and allow somebody else to enjoy it.

tacos4me
08-12-06, 11:57 AM

I've had mine since launce day, and it usually sits turned on 24 hours a day. Zero problems. ;)

GamerGuyX
08-12-06, 12:00 PM
I've had mine since launce day, and it usually sits turned on 24 hours a day. Zero problems. ;)

AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!

Zelda_fan
08-12-06, 12:20 PM
had mine since march, and it works just fine.