PDA

View Full Version : Project Offset Signed By "Major Publisher" And Coming to X360

SH64
08-12-06, 08:56 PM
Finally all moved in! We are looking for talented programmers and artists to join our team. We are now backed by a major publisher but will not be disclosing the details just yet. Visit our jobs page for more information on available positions.
http://www.projectoffset.com/news.html

Xbox 360 Programmer

Primary responsibility will be to handle porting, maintaining, and optimizing the codebase for the Xbox 360. Experience developing for the Xbox 360 is a huge plus. Experience programming for console platforms is required.
http://www.projectoffset.com/Jobs.html

.. wonder who's that major publisher!! :nana:

jAkUp
08-12-06, 09:13 PM
Hopefully not EA :D

|MaguS|
08-12-06, 09:20 PM
Probably MS...

jAkUp
08-12-06, 09:24 PM
Maybe, might be a DX10 Vista title. Hopefully the quality in the vidoes lives up to the quality ingame.

t6_shadow
08-12-06, 09:30 PM
Now I know this game isn't out yet but this is what I like to hear, this is a quote from the Project Offset website:

"After a year and a half of programming work by Sam McGrath on the game engine, and with the amazing artistic skills of Travis and Trevor Stringer, the three released the two "Sneak Peek" videos, showing off the technology and world behind Project Offset. The videos took the gaming industry by storm, showing that high quality, next generation technology, graphics, and gameplay rivaling that of the biggest game studios, could still be created by a small team."

I hope this game comes throught and prove to be a smash hit. I am so sick of the bull**** saying it takes teams of hundreads of people to make a game. How come companies like ID and Epic can makes games of high qaulity with small teams? This is just another myth when it comes to game development to get more cash out of gamers with already overpriced games.

Sorry to get off topic. ;) The game has an interesting concept and simply put looks amazing.

I wonder if the 360 has the horepower to achieve all the bells and whistles these guys want to have in their game.

Bearclaw
08-12-06, 09:32 PM
So who here has applied for the programmer position yet? Haha.

|MaguS|
08-12-06, 09:39 PM
Too happy with my current job...

Becoming
08-13-06, 11:01 AM
I think it's awesome that they finally got a deal. I also can't wait to see what Red 5 does with the Offset engine.

brady
08-13-06, 05:03 PM
So who here has applied for the programmer position yet? Haha.

I would if I knew how to program...