PDA

View Full Version : Please help me on this

02-13-03, 12:56 AM
Iíve a small question for you. Iíve a friend who bought a new computer (Athlon XP + nForce2 mobo) and he is using soundstorm to power his speakers. For what I had the opportunity to see, he plays games and listens to music in 5.1. Now Iím going to buy Intel P4 2.53GHz + Gigabyte 8INXP and maybe Audigy 2 (I currently have an old sound blaster live in this computer Iím using now). If I buy the new Audigy 2, can I listen to music and play games just as my friend does with his soundstorm mobo? I ask that because with my current setup I only listen 2.1 (Sound Blaster Live + DTT2200). I canít listen to music neither games in 5.1 mode, only DVD movies play in 5.1. Can Audigy 2 play movies, games and music in 5.1? Or is the same as my sb live? My friend says soundstorm is the only sound card that can play music and games in 5.1. Is it true?

Sorry for my English by the way. Iím bad with your language. :o

Smokey
02-13-03, 09:37 AM
The SBLive 1024(value) supports upto 4.1 in games and music, the SBLive5.1 supports 5.1 in games and music as does the Audigy1+2!!

02-13-03, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
The SBLive 1024(value) supports upto 4.1 in games and music, the SBLive5.1 supports 5.1 in games and music as does the Audigy1+2!!

Yeah I know that, but when I play games like MOH and UT2K3 I can't hear nothing from the center and rear speakers. It only works 2.1 for me. When I watch DVDs I can listen 5.1.

Did I miss something? :(

-=DVS=-
02-13-03, 06:20 PM
1. Maybe its driver/software problem.... are your drivers newest from www.soundblaster.com ?

2. Is your speaker setup connected correctly ? to your soundcard

3. Maybe they need to be setup correctly in software in windows make sure its "Quadraphonic speakers" since you have 4 speakers i guessing if 5 then "5.1 Surrround sound Speakers"

4. Also i am not sure but i think Soundblaster have some software also to calibrate.... adjust... speakers....

5. also many games have setting to chose sound options make sure you chose Surround sound or somthing like in Unreal....

All i can think of at the moment :rolleyes:

saturnotaku
02-13-03, 09:26 PM
Is there something in the driver control panel to enable a "virtual 5.1" setting? When I found the desk space to add the center channel on my Altec Lansing 5.1 speakers, I couldn't get any audio from it until I clicked on a button in my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz control panel that was about virtual 5.1. I can now get 5.1 audio in all my games, movies, etc.

Smokey
02-14-03, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Newbie
Yeah I know that, but when I play games like MOH and UT2K3 I can't hear nothing from the center and rear speakers. It only works 2.1 for me. When I watch DVDs I can listen 5.1.

Did I miss something? :(

The reason I said that, is because I am getting sound from all my speakers in games.

Which drivers are you using? Also have you also checked your speaker setup in the windows control panel? Sometimes I changed my speaker setup in the Creative panel, yet it didnt change it under Windows.

Letting us know which drivers and Creative software may help us help you ;)