PDA

View Full Version : FlatOut 2 Sound problems

john19055
08-14-06, 08:01 PM
Has anyone had this problem with the sound of your car is silent,I can hear all of the other cars and when I crash in to something,but I can not hear my own car,Other then that I think this game is great ,the graphics looks good and it handles real good with my MoMo wheel,This is the kind of raceing game that I like ,I hate the ones where you have to drive 5 to 10 minutes just to qualify.I like to race and go.

jAkUp
08-14-06, 08:04 PM
Try turning off hardware acceleration in the game options

agentkay
08-14-06, 08:04 PM
Check your speaker settings in the Flatout2 config program. You can also reduce try to reduce sound acceleration in dxdiag.

john19055
08-15-06, 01:04 AM
I just uninstall the Beta sound drivers from Creative and install the whql ones and install the updated openal drivers and every thing is fine now.

Elvin Presler
08-15-06, 02:39 AM
FlatOut 2 is extremely buggy, if not "flatout" broken when using DirectSound. Messed up sounds, crashing, hard locking my system, etc. I have to use Windows Wave Out.

After that, there are still lots more bugs to overcome...error on exit, every time. Random crashing and a black screens with flashing gauges at start of race. All kinds of bizarre stuff. The game should still be in beta testing.

CaptNKILL
08-15-06, 03:22 AM
FlatOut 2 is extremely buggy, if not "flatout" broken when using DirectSound. Messed up sounds, crashing, hard locking my system, etc. I have to use Windows Wave Out.

After that, there are still lots more bugs to overcome...error on exit, every time. Random crashing and a black screens with flashing gauges at start of race. All kinds of bizarre stuff. The game should still be in beta testing.
Damn.

We didnt really have any problems with it and we played all the way through it a couple months ago.

A few minor glitches, but nothing real significant.

Do you have problems with any other games?

[EOCF] Tim
08-15-06, 03:48 AM
@ Elvin, No problem whatsoever, best coded game in a looong time....since it uses starforce (or securom on US ones, bit strange, anyway), you might wanna look very closely to your overclock, back it down, 1hr Prime95 stable is not enough.....strange, but it does cause all the random crashes and crashing on exit and bugs

Also make sure that if you have a DFI board, don't put your ram divider it on odd ones, keep it at the 133/166 whole ones...(if you have the starforce protected game, not sure with Securom, but I think not, also a weird thing about starforce, I did extended testing, and it kept crashing with the DFI dividers, there's no doubt about that...)

MaXThReAT
08-15-06, 09:35 AM
There is a fix for this. I had the same issue. I can't remember exactly but I'll double check when I go home for lunch but I think you just need to set the sound output to Microsoft wave out something waveout, I'm not sure, don't use Direct sound. And keep the hardware acceleration on. I use 48hz and it plays like a dream. Hard game but sure is fun.

[EOCF] Tim
08-15-06, 04:32 PM
There is a fix for this. I had the same issue. I can't remember exactly but I'll double check when I go home for lunch but I think you just need to set the sound output to Microsoft wave out something waveout, I'm not sure, don't use Direct sound. And keep the hardware acceleration on. I use 48hz and it plays like a dream. Hard game but sure is fun.

Hmmm, I'm using Directsound and all the bells and whistles...no problems whatsoever! really strange! I can't imagine it got something to do with me having the EU version instead of the US.

But yea, it's a tricky game, Xbox360 controller makes all the difference, but still it is a hard game at some points!!!

CaptNKILL
08-15-06, 05:45 PM
Tim']Hmmm, I'm using Directsound and all the bells and whistles...no problems whatsoever! really strange! I can't imagine it got something to do with me having the EU version instead of the US.

But yea, it's a tricky game, Xbox360 controller makes all the difference, but still it is a hard game at some points!!!
Yep, it gets very hard some times.

My brother had some sound problems on his machine with an X-Plosion card. I had a few as well, but I think they worked themselves out. It wasnt anything serious.