PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Patch 1.4 August 15th

Pages : [1] 2

johnkeel105
08-15-06, 01:35 AM
Latest Patch Info: :(

Patch Delay!

"Greetings Everyone, As many of you are now aware we have made the choice to take some extra time with the 1.4 patch before release.

During our standard final processing of the 1.4 client update we came across an issue that, although it does not compromise stability, we felt needed to be addressed in order to meet our goal of improving the overall player experience with Battlefield 2.

It has come to our attention that a beta version of the 1.4 client has leaked to the general public. It should be noted by players that this file is not final and being such could cause damage to players systems.

We want to warn players to avoid the use of any client files that are not distributed by EA/DICE or one of our trusted partners. Once we have set a new schedule for release we will communicate this information to everyone."

Assumed Release Date: TBA

Changelog:

1.4 Patch – New content

· New level: Road to Jalalabaad (Conquest 16-32-64, Singleplayer, Co-op)
· New Server Option: No Vehicles mode

1.4 Patch – Fix List

Front End:

· Front end - Fixed server browser issues with updating info
· Front End - Multiplayer & Co-op - Players on server list can include Bots instead of human players
· Multiplayer Server filter “maps size” will now work
· Fixed an issue in the front end where pressing tab twice in the IP window would cause the cursor to skip to wrong box

Game Server:

· Increased server stability
· All levels - Co-op – Fixed a crash after reviving player without a kit- 1st attempt
· Server - Linux 32 Dedicated – Fixed the server crash when trying to rotate maps in Special Forces Co- op Mode (fixed on SUSE only. Still present in Red Hat and Fedora)
· Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round. The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 6 and 8 respectively.
· Unlocks are once available on unranked servers.
· Ranked server have to have unlocks activated.
· Fixed Issue with the local coop server - If Server Host is kicked and banned although they do not actually get kicked, no other players may join the server after that point.
· Fixed a dedicated server crash which was occurring when the user held "CTRL" and "SHIFT" while selecting a map.
· Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the server rotated maps.
· Fixed a Vehicle drop crash related bug (missing icon).
· Co-Op bot console commands do not function on local servers.

Client / Gameplay:

· Increased client stability
· Red/Blue nametag bug – Fix to the issue where players would show up with the wrong color name tag
· Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting
· Adjusted C4 to make throwing more difficult
· Fixed the issue where a red distance marker appears on the ground
· Fixed the issue that caused players arms to become invisible after switching weapons when using throwable items
· Made adjustments to reduce the damage taken by vehicles when driving
· Commander options will no longer available whilst dead.
· Fixed the issue with a spawn point showing up as selected when a player has spawned in during preview round
· Fixed the issue that would cause infantry players to be revived with no kit.
· Fixed several rare graphics crashes.
· Fixed issue with players crashing while clicking "Join Game" in the front end
· Car-Drop: Made adjustments to the car drop feature to help prevent players from exploiting into buildings.
· Fixed an issue tied to projectiles which would sometimes allow tanks to fire two shells, support to fire multiple rounds, and other issues (all maps).
· Fixed bug where after 2 rounds on the same map, the top player stars are awarded to the wrong people in the menu
· Transport Helicopters – Increased the armor of all transport helicopters

- The DICE Battlefield Team

Edge
08-15-06, 01:58 AM
Sounds good to me, I'd like to try out that new map. Just hope they didn't screw up anything major like they have in all the other patches...

CaptNKILL
08-15-06, 02:43 AM
Sweet.

I'd like to play this game again.

I wonder if they fixed the irritating connection drops and the excruciatingly painful server browser.

... shorter log on time would be nice too... i hate having to wait 2 or 3 minutes just to get into the damn game.

jAkUp
08-15-06, 02:44 AM
Hmmm, I havent played this game in so long, maybe its worthwhile to fire up again.. :)

K007
08-15-06, 04:36 AM
God i hope this fix the pos lag that randomly occurs on all servers..was getting so tired of it.

wnd
08-15-06, 07:40 AM
At least they can't possibly break the game any further. (Famous last words...)

I can understand the frequent client and server crashes, log in time, choices in gameplay to some degree -- but not the abysmal server browser. It's simply inconceivable how such creation have ever reached the daylight.

K007
08-15-06, 07:53 AM
At least they can't possibly break the game any further. (Famous last words...)

I can understand the frequent client and server crashes, log in time, choices in gameplay to some degree -- but not the abysmal server browser. It's simply inconceivable how such creation have ever reached the daylight.

EA..Electronic Asses...:D

adv1
08-15-06, 08:38 AM
I know there are a lot of singleplayer BF2 gamers who are really hoping they've fixed the 'idle bots' problem caused by one of the last patches.

Viventis
08-15-06, 10:08 AM
According to Planetbattlefield, the 1.4 patch has been delayed without a new release date.

retsam
08-15-06, 10:21 AM
According to Planetbattlefield, the 1.4 patch has been delayed without a new release date.
were in the world do you see that?....

Blade
08-15-06, 11:04 AM

www.bluesnews.com

wnd
08-15-06, 11:19 AM

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27827

In case the server is busy again, here goes:

Due to some last minute changes the release of the 1.4 patch has been delayed.

We do not anticipate this delay being a lengthy one, however we do not have a fixed date for release at this time.

We will update you as soon as there is further information.

Apologies to those who were expecting the patch today, however in order for this patch to succeed in the way it is intended a little extra time is being taken to ensure it is right.

wnd
08-15-06, 11:28 AM
I don't know why, but for some reason I find it hard to believe that after all this time after 1.3 was released, the latest patch-candidate runs into trouble only hours before the scheduled release.

When I first heard the news about EA saying "we have located and fixed the problem causing crashing" but couldn't find the patch anywhere I thought the actual message was "We have reproduced the problem but after weeks and weeks of debugging we have absolutely no idea what the heck is going on. We'll get back to it once BF2142 hits the shelves."

stncttr908
08-15-06, 12:39 PM
Interesting. I'm actually installing the game right now.

Gaco
08-15-06, 12:40 PM
If they had just released this patch a year ago, I might actually still have been playing it.. :(

MaXThReAT
08-15-06, 01:45 PM
When I first heard the news about EA saying "we have located and fixed the problem causing crashing" but couldn't find the patch anywhere I thought the actual message was "We have reproduced the problem but after weeks and weeks of debugging we have absolutely no idea what the heck is going on. We'll get back to it once BF2142 hits the shelves."

ROTFLMAO, That is prolly spot on man.

Viventis
08-15-06, 03:10 PM

Sorry, it was in the forums. Here is some extra info posted at EA since my last reply. Included is a detailed change log!!!!

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thread.jspa?sls=2&tstart=0&threadID=101721

In case there is a hitch in the link:

Attention Soldiers!

We just got an update from DICE and the 1.4 patch that was scheduled for today has been delayed as the team makes final reviews on the patch. The release date for this patch currently is TBD, but we will update this announcement when we get new information on the patch. Apologies for the lateness of this update. Below is a list of the new content and fixes that will be included in the 1.4 patch.

With the release of the 1.4 patch we have made significant improvements to player and server stability as well as introduced more ranked content for players to enjoy. Along with the many bug fixes we have included the new map “ Road to Jalalabad” which is sponsored by Comcast making this patch is an excellent step forward for the Battlefield Franchise. We would like to thank everyone who helped support the Beta effort. Please take a moment to review the fix list for this patch:

1.4 Patch – New content

1.4 Patch – Fix List

Front End:

· Front End - Multiplayer & Co-op - Players on server list can include Bots instead of human players
· Fixed an issue in the front end where pressing tab twice in the IP window would cause the cursor to skip to wrong box

Game Server

· All levels - Co-op – Fixed a crash after reviving player without a kit- 1st attempt
· Server - Linux 32 Dedicated – Fixed the server crash when trying to rotate maps in Special Forces Co- op Mode (fixed on SUSE only. Still present in Red Hat and Fedora)
· Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round. The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 6 and 8 respectively.
· Fixed Issue with the local coop server - If Server Host is kicked and banned although they do not actually get kicked, no other players may join the server after that point.
· Fixed a dedicated server crash which was occurring when the user held "CTRL" and "SHIFT" while selecting a map.
· Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the server rotated maps.

Client / Gameplay:

· Red/Blue nametag bug – Fix to the issue where players would show up with the wrong color name tag
· Fixed the issue that caused players arms to become invisible after switching weapons when using throwable items
· Fixed the issue with a spawn point showing up as selected when a player has spawned in during preview round
· Car-Drop: Made adjustments to the car drop feature to help prevent players from exploiting into buildings.
· Fixed an issue tied to projectiles which would sometimes allow tanks to fire two shells, support to fire multiple rounds, and other issues (all maps).
· Fixed bug where after 2 rounds on the same map, the top player stars are awarded to the wrong people in the menu

- The DICE Battlefield Team

wnd
08-15-06, 03:36 PM
Included is a detailed change log!!!!

Ok let see...

"Increased server/client stability"
WTF!? Excuse me but the way I see it that means "We still don't get it why it crashes but it looks like this and that patch seems to help it a bit."

"Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the server rotated maps."
That's absurd! I can't even begin to think of reasons why this, of all possible scenarions, would cause the server to crash...

"Red/Blue nametag bug – Fix to the issue where players would show up with the wrong color name tag"
What is this? The same bug "fixed" in four consequent patches? Did I miss something?

Apart from those... looking good. Only if they could get the patch out before the christmas.

CaptNKILL
08-15-06, 03:50 PM
"Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the server rotated maps."
That's absurd! I can't even begin to think of reasons why this, of all possible scenarions, would cause the server to crash...

It probably has something to do with the map data being cleared and the C4 being "stuck" to something.

The patch sounds good to me though.

Hopefully it works as well as they plan. Itd be a nice way to end it since we KNOW this will be the last patch we see from them before 2142... err... battlefield 2142... :p

wnd
08-15-06, 04:22 PM
It probably has something to do with the map data being cleared and the C4 being "stuck" to something.

Lets see... They way I see it we must have a data structures for number of things, including items on the map. For performance reasons the map is probably divided in areas, each one having a list of objects. Now, when the map is unloaded, each list should be freed before the map structure can be freed. If the map is freed before the objects, the thing will leak memory (unless using OO-language with garbage collector). There are number of ways to make it crash, but I really cannot comprehend why C4 placed "on a flag pole" would make it do so. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Apparently this worked just fine in pre-1.3. How could have they possibly broken this by accident in 1.3?

johnkeel105
08-15-06, 08:07 PM
Thanks for adding more information. I have added it to and edited my first post. Thanks for those that gave info.:D (nana2)

retsam
08-15-06, 08:32 PM
Sorry, it was in the forums. Here is some extra info posted at EA since my last reply. Included is a detailed change log!!!!

In case there is a hitch in the link:

Attention Soldiers!

We just got an update from DICE and the 1.4 patch that was scheduled for today has been delayed as the team makes final reviews on the patch. The release date for this patch currently is TBD, but we will update this announcement when we get new information on the patch. Apologies for the lateness of this update. Below is a list of the new content and fixes that will be included in the 1.4 patch.

With the release of the 1.4 patch we have made significant improvements to player and server stability as well as introduced more ranked content for players to enjoy. Along with the many bug fixes we have included the new map “ Road to Jalalabad” which is sponsored by Comcast making this patch is an excellent step forward for the Battlefield Franchise. We would like to thank everyone who helped support the Beta effort. Please take a moment to review the fix list for this patch:

1.4 Patch – New content

1.4 Patch – Fix List

Front End:

Game Server

Client / Gameplay:

- The DICE Battlefield Teamthanks...but i see no info about the 64 player server crash...just the stability thing.....

nutcrackr
08-15-06, 11:04 PM
I guess it's better they delay it, but really if they have fixes for the client crashes and the server crashes I don't see why they couldn't release them alone as 1.31 and then release 1.4 later on with the new stuff. The crashes are really pathetic.

Mr_LoL
08-15-06, 11:09 PM
Too late for me as I have already flogged my copy. Trying to join games was a nightmare. i just go fed up tbh.

nV`andrew
08-15-06, 11:12 PM
good. im glad its delayed. it means it will have a chance of almost 5% fewer bugs and glitches!

i still like the game though u just gotta find a good server that is admined well