PDA

View Full Version : SFII XBOX 360 is sick....

Zelda_fan
08-15-06, 02:32 AM
Man that was one of the hardest games I've ever beaten. Just beat single player arcade. I was about to throw my freaken controller through the screen. I mean I was HARD CORE PISSED!!!! Anyone else feel my pain LOL?

LurkerLito
08-15-06, 10:00 AM
Yeah I hear you...Once I start cursing like a madman and yelling at the screen I know I have to stop and take a break :).

ENU291
08-15-06, 10:31 AM
I'm with you Zelda_fan. That stupid arcade game had me cursing every employee at Capcom straight to hell. After the first few rounds the AI starts to lay the cheese on THICK!

Ninjaman09
08-15-06, 12:32 PM
Yes it is ridiculously hard.

Zelda_fan
08-15-06, 01:37 PM
I think the AI cheats or something. But I'm glad I beat it.

Ninjaman09
08-15-06, 02:51 PM
Damn right it does. I can't even move half the time without my every twitch being instantly and devastatingly countered. And forget it if they get you in a corner. You're ****ed.

I salute your patience, I gave up after about 6 fights as I couldn't even win a match at that point. Maybe I should try another character or something (I still use Ryu all the time, I know).

Zelda_fan
08-15-06, 03:29 PM
Damn right it does. I can't even move half the time without my every twitch being instantly and devastatingly countered. And forget it if they get you in a corner. You're ****ed.

I salute your patience, I gave up after about 6 fights as I couldn't even win a match at that point. Maybe I should try another character or something (I still use Ryu all the time, I know).

Well, I beat the game with Ryu, so it CAN be done with him. But omg, I wanted to punch a hole through my freaken TV. The final fight with M Bison took about two hours.

Here is a few tips that I found out.

When fighting slow characters
-these are the easiest. Just keep spitting out fireballs. If he gets too close do the windmill kick, or punch him in the face or try to trip him. If your lucky, the game may let you throw him.

When fighting fast characters.
-these are a bitch becasue they can avoid your fireballs really really easy. Try to jump in the air when they jump and heavy punch or heavy kick them. If they have a "fireball" attack, jump over it, and as they release another fireball, heavy punch them in the face. Again, if you're lucky the computer will get let you get a throw in.

What pisses me off is that the computer's throws seem to have priority over just about any more you do.

ralinn
08-15-06, 05:13 PM
Don't play online whatever you do. please.

Just don't.

gravioli
08-15-06, 07:56 PM
I am so close to spending 800 MS points on this game. The demo brings back such great memories.

LycosV
08-15-06, 09:16 PM
Did they make the game harder, or did we just all forget how to kick ass in SFII?

ENU291
08-15-06, 09:19 PM
I beat the game with Ken but it took forever! The game DOES bring back memories but not good ones... only the frustrating bad ones. :p

gravioli
08-16-06, 10:34 AM
Well, I decided to unlock the full game and my god is it frustrating. I can't decide if I should us the D-pad or the left analog stick when I play. The analog stick feels better, but back in the day I had mastered the game with a D-pad on the SNES. What are you guys using?

Zelda_fan
08-16-06, 10:35 AM
Well, I decided to unlock the full game and my god is it frustrating. I can't decide if I should us the D-pad or the left analog stick when I play. The analog stick feels better, but back in the day I had mastered the game with a D-pad on the SNES. What are you guys using?

To beat the last few guys I had to use the D-Pad. It's just more accurate when pulling off the special moves.

LurkerLito
08-16-06, 10:39 AM
LOL this game just reminds me how much money I have given to capcom over the years. All the seemingly endless "food" money converted to quarters I wasted in college, SNES versions, PS2 versions, Dreamcast Versions, Xbox Versions, Now a 360 version. With all the SF games I bought I think I might have had every one ever put out on a console I own or owned. I think I need Capcom to cut me a "thank you sucker" rebate check for funding them all these years ;).

Zelda_fan
08-16-06, 10:48 AM
I think I need Capcom to cut me a "thank you sucker" rebate check for funding them all these years ;).

hahah

oldsk00l
08-16-06, 04:54 PM
SF2 is complete and total utter crap by today's standards. All it did when it came out was make garbage slightly tolerable, and we thought such garbage was gold.

I hate this game.