View Full Version : PS3 vs. Wii - fair comparison

Pages : [1] 2

Gaco
08-15-06, 04:02 AM
http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1155470161/PS3_Vs_Nintendo_Wii

In geniune Mac vs. PC style :D

Zelda_fan
08-15-06, 04:06 AM
HAHAHAHAH THAT'S GREAT!!!! SO TRUE SO TRUE.

I think I'll choose the Wii. Looks beautiful, it's cheap, and all you have to do is touch it and you'll be having a good time!

Zelda_fan
08-15-06, 04:08 AM
lol nintendo should buy the rights to that **** and air it.

Toss3
08-15-06, 04:41 AM
Wow that has to be one of Zelda_fan's wet dreams! :D It sure was funny, but I think that the Wii is better suited for those who want to play simple games and for those who just don't have the time to play more advanced games. I think we'll be getting some great Wii-type games for the xbox360 now that people themselves can start developing their own simple titles. The Wii is in my opinion a great console for a certain type of players, while it doesn't match the xbox360 or Ps3 on any level(simplicity being the only one).

(nana2)

Edge
08-15-06, 05:58 AM
So...one is a sl*t, and the other a b*tch? This is going to be a fun generation :D

ENU291
08-15-06, 11:37 AM
Cheap hoes for "teh win!"

Ninjaman09
08-15-06, 01:39 PM
Wow that has to be one of Zelda_fan's wet dreams! :D It sure was funny, but I think that the Wii is better suited for those who want to play simple games and for those who just don't have the time to play more advanced games. I think we'll be getting some great Wii-type games for the xbox360 now that people themselves can start developing their own simple titles. The Wii is in my opinion a great console for a certain type of players, while it doesn't match the xbox360 or Ps3 on any level(simplicity being the only one).

(nana2)

What would a "more advanced game" constitute and how would it be "more advanced" on a PS3 (not looking to argue just curious)?

Toss3
08-15-06, 02:27 PM
What would a "more advanced game" constitute and how would it be "more advanced" on a PS3 (not looking to argue just curious)?
Well what I meant by advanced games were game with more deapth like metal gear solid. There are of course some titles coming for the Wii that could rival most xbox360/ps3 titles like Zelda. And also by advanced I meant graphically and, well I guess you could say that Wii games are probably going to be close to xbox/gamecube-quality, while the xbox360 and, hopefully, the ps3 are next-gen. Hope you see what I'm getting at. :o

Zelda_fan
08-15-06, 02:35 PM

(nana2)

Yeah. Zelda, Mario Galexy, Red Steel, and Metriod 3 are very simple games that anyone will be able to develope thanks to XNA.

Ninjaman09
08-15-06, 03:48 PM
Well what I meant by advanced games were game with more deapth like metal gear solid. There are of course some titles coming for the Wii that could rival most xbox360/ps3 titles like Zelda. And also by advanced I meant graphically and, well I guess you could say that Wii games are probably going to be close to xbox/gamecube-quality, while the xbox360 and, hopefully, the ps3 are next-gen. Hope you see what I'm getting at. :o

I dunno, I thought there were some fairly in-depth games on the Gamecube. I don't see how the Wii would lack titles with depth, aside from companies' possible aversion due to the system's diminshed graphical capabilities. Though I've seen polls recently indicating a great deal of developer interest in it. But you're definitely right in that games like MGS4 (from a tonal/age group perspective) are probably gonna be pretty sparse. Personally though, I have no problem controlling a little fairy boy through rainbow-colored plains as long as it's fun. :D

H3avyM3tal
08-15-06, 04:34 PM
I think he ment more 'grown-ups' games.

Zelda_fan
08-15-06, 04:39 PM
Saying that the Wii will have "less depth" in games is absurd. I garuntee you that Zelda will have more depth than 95% of what is released for the PS3 and XBOX360. And that is Zelda Gamecube, let's not even consider the next-gen Zelda that'll be designed on the Wii from the ground up. The only difference will be that the Wii has less horsepower and will be running games in 480p as opposed to 720p.

Ninja makes a good point about tonal/age group, but if you look, we have a games like COD3 and Red Steel, which I think is a sign of good things to come from Nintendo.

Gaco
08-15-06, 05:05 PM
Saying that the Wii will have "less depth" in games is absurd. I garuntee you that Zelda will have more depth than 95% of what is released for the PS3 and XBOX360. And that is Zelda Gamecube, let's not even consider the next-gen Zelda that'll be designed on the Wii from the ground up. The only difference will be that the Wii has less horsepower and will be running games in 480p as opposed to 720p.

Ninja makes a good point about tonal/age group, but if you look, we have a games like COD3 and Red Steel, which I think is a sign of good things to come from Nintendo.

I would wish it was so, but CoD3 is a typical, typical multiplatform series (Like Need For Speed or FIFA) so I'm not that surprised that it's coming for Wii. Plus the graphics are disappointed compared to X360 and PS3. Red Steel looks like crap IMO :)

evilchris
08-15-06, 05:09 PM
I think he ment more 'grown-ups' games.

rofl

Zelda_fan
08-15-06, 05:33 PM
I would wish it was so, but CoD3 is a typical, typical multiplatform series (Like Need For Speed or FIFA) so I'm not that surprised that it's coming for Wii. Plus the graphics are disappointed compared to X360 and PS3. Red Steel looks like crap IMO :)

The PS3 looks like crap IMO.

Gaco
08-15-06, 05:52 PM
The PS3 looks like crap IMO.
I'm talking about games, not consoles here. On a sidenote MGS4 looks fantastic, Assasins Creed, Motor Storm and that game with the red haired chick looks great as well. Overall the console itself isn't particular attractive because it ultimately lacks killer titles besides having a hefty price tag.

My hopes are that the zelda, metroid and especially mario party games for the wii will be durable enough to justify a purchase. Looking back at Nintendos history and at Wii's presumed pricetag, I'm easily convinced that I'm gonna buy a Wii. But it doesn't change that Red Steel and CoD3 still looks like crap IMO :D

Zelda_fan
08-15-06, 06:06 PM
I'm talking about games, not consoles here. On a sidenote MGS4 looks fantastic, Assasins Creed, Motor Storm and that game with the red haired chick looks great as well. Overall the console itself isn't particular attractive because it ultimately lacks killer titles besides having a hefty price tag.

My hopes are that the zelda, metroid and especially mario party games for the wii will be durable enough to justify a purchase. Looking back at Nintendos history and at Wii's presumed pricetag, I'm easily convinced that I'm gonna buy a Wii. But it doesn't change that Red Steel and CoD3 still looks like crap IMO :D

I'm talking about games too. I think they all look like crap.

Mr_LoL
08-15-06, 06:12 PM
The wii looks good. I might buy one to play mario kart and mario tennis. Unfortunately those are the only Nintendo games that i am intrested in.

Mr_LoL
08-15-06, 06:13 PM
I'm talking about games too. I think they all look like crap.
I am sure if they were Nintendo or xbox360 games they wouldnt look like crap.

Zelda_fan
08-15-06, 06:32 PM
I am sure if they were Nintendo or xbox360 games they wouldnt look like crap.

correct

Bad_Boy
08-15-06, 06:41 PM
correct
at least hes honest. :o

Zelda_fan
08-15-06, 06:45 PM

I love the PS3 fanboy mentality. "I hope the Wii has good enough games for me to justify a purchase." LOL. I'm going to make a launch day prediction. Not only will the Wii have "enough games" to justify a purchase, but it's library will absolutly dominate the PS3 just like the DS is doing with the PSP.

Have you seen the PS3 launch library? It's a friggen joke! Most of the titles are available for XBOX360, and they only have two or three exclusives which look like crap.

Assassians Creed will be out for the 360 as well, and MGS4 and FFXIII (in all honesty the only two reasons to buy a PS3) aren't due out until Q4 2007!

Have you seen the Wii launch library? 22 EXCLUSIVE titles including Zelda, Metroid, Dragon Quest, Rayman, and Red Steel. Not only that, but a truckload of great titles (Mario Galexy, etc) are due in for the holiday season. Nintendo is gonna clean up!!! lol.

Rakeesh
08-15-06, 06:55 PM
I think the PS3 is going to flop. The wii will probably do ok, but it will come second to the 360.

Disclaimer: I do not own nor plan to own any next gen consoles.

Mr_LoL
08-15-06, 07:10 PM
at least hes honest. :o
I know :D

Bad_Boy
08-15-06, 07:33 PM
Have you seen the Wii launch library? 22 EXCLUSIVE titles including Zelda, Metroid, Dragon Quest, Rayman, and Red Steel. Not only that, but a truckload of great titles (Mario Galexy, etc) are due in for the holiday season. Nintendo is gonna clean up!!! lol.
How many ps2/xbox ports?