PDA

View Full Version : PureVideo Problems - Driver related?

JaylumX
08-15-06, 04:14 AM
I use my machine as a HTPC. My system specs in sig. I have noticed that deinterlacing of video is fubared. Currently i am using the 84.21 forceware drivers as that lessens the problem, but it is still there. An example is in Ghost in the shell SAC Second Gig DVD. There is stutterng in the intro sequence of each episode, especially when text comes on screen. I check the Nvidia panel and everytime text comes, it switches to video mode and then back to film. It also occurs at random points in each episodes but also in that Tachkoma Specials. I always use Smart mode in overlay. VMR9 doesn't resolve the problem nor does switching to Automatic (though that does resolve the stuttering, deinterlacing does not work).

When i use the Forceware 84.56 and 90 series of driver, there is no stuttering but those areas that would normally stutter in the 80 series bar 84.56 would be combed (not deinterlaced) switching to auto does not resolve the problem.

Now this issue occurs in every DVD decoder problem i use - WinDVD, PowerDVD (Using Hardware Deinterlacing Weave resolves everything but the image quality is inferior IMHO), Neroshowtime so there must be a problem somewhere. I must add that even in HD and other DVD a few comb frames would pull through.

Any ideas on a solution. I have reinstalled Windows, problems is still there.

Thank you

JaylumX
08-16-06, 02:37 AM
I don't believe i am on a Nvidia Bias site and yet no one has a solution to my problem and something remotely close to a solution for me.

(Taps glass impatiently) - Is there anybody there......hello - (Taps again)

shungokusatsu
08-16-06, 12:28 PM
I have the entire GITS collection, and have no skipping, awesome series btw. If you've reinstalled windows, it's it's possible it could be the DVD player is going out, or maybe needs a firmware upgrade. You should be bale to use the newest nvidia drivers wwith no issues for wtahcing DVD's.

SLippe
08-16-06, 04:58 PM
Have you tried WMP 11?

JaylumX
08-16-06, 05:21 PM
Yep, using WMP 11. Problem is still there. I would have thought it was my switch to the LCDTV but this issue has been there even when i had my 17" CRT monitor.

The Bigman
08-16-06, 06:46 PM
it could an overlay issue with the drivers. Ive heard of some video playback with certain drivers and apps conflicting with video. I would use windvd 7 has all you need HD decoder and a nice inerface.