PDA

View Full Version : 6800GS PCI-E Graphic Issues

_[B]rad^
08-15-06, 04:25 AM
Hi,
I have recently bought a 6800gs XFX PCi-E card, ever since i have bought this card i have had majour issues when running games. the skys are black and i kind of have chams for players and black dots running on the screen when in game too (i dont use hacks :P). Also when i visit websites with black in them, i sometimes see green dots scattered round websites.

i have tried installing the drivers which came from the CD with my g-card and also installing the latest driver from xfxforce.com. all of these i have done with no luck of sorting my problem. also i have tried updating my chipset and Bios without any luck.

i know its is not my hardware because i did not have this problem until i did updated my chipset, when i did i started to exerience teh above problems, i tried to format with no luck aswell.

System: asus A8N Sli - Deluxe
AMD 64 Athlon 3800+ X2
2Gb Ram
maxtor 160GB HD
6800GS PCI-E Nvidia

john19055
08-15-06, 06:15 AM
What happens when you put the chipset drivers that did work back in.and if it still does it ,have you tried to down clock your core and memory on your video card and see if if goes away and if it does you may have to RMA it,you may should send it back anyway if it has been causeing you problems ever since you had it,I had a 6800ultra and it worked perfect,the 6800's is a pretty good chip.

_[B]rad^
08-15-06, 09:11 AM
What happens when you put the chipset drivers that did work back in.and if it still does it ,have you tried to down clock your core and memory on your video card and see if if goes away and if it does you may have to RMA it,you may should send it back anyway if it has been causeing you problems ever since you had it,I had a 6800ultra and it worked perfect,the 6800's is a pretty good chip.

RMA?

Thanks for the reply, after i formatted i reinstalled all the old chipset drivers which came with the asus CD and it still didnt fix the problem. It was working fine for a few days until i did updated my pc with a new bios and chipset, because its a brand new pc.

i really do not wnat to send it back and pay for them to test it and then me cough up because they say it works fine. :P.