PDA

View Full Version : Fileplanet Hitpoints

CaptNKILL
08-15-06, 08:16 PM
Anyone else with a Fileplanet account get any "Hitpoints" with their account? You can use them to buy certain games and strategy guides from this site:
http://hitpoints.fileplanet.com/games.aspx

I got 1200 with my 1 year subscription. I'm not sure what games to get though. I've had the points for a few months now, and I'm not in any hurry to get them. In fact, they add games once in a while, so its probably a good idea to wait.

I have all of the games that interest me already, like Dues Ex, Deux Ex: Invisible War and Chronicles of Riddick.

I'm thinking Thief: Deadly Shadows is probably a good one to pick up... but other than that, I dont know.

Any games there that you guys would highly recommend?

Warlords IV looks pretty cool. I looked into it and it sounds sort of like the old King's Bounty game for the Genesis.

nekrosoft13
08-15-06, 08:21 PM
thief is good, CRC is decent

i got my account for free so no hitpoints

Mr. Hunt
08-15-06, 09:11 PM
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin ftw.

Becoming
08-15-06, 09:24 PM
I used my hitpoints to get Eve Online which I played for a decent period. I'd definately try the trial version first before wasting hitpoints just to make sure it's something that appeals to you.

CaptNKILL
08-15-06, 09:30 PM
Yeah I'm downloading demos like crazy.

Daemonica got a terrible review at Gamespot, but almost all of the other reviews on the internet give it a significantly better score. It actually looks really cool. I'm installing the demo right now.

I just played the Warlords IV demo and... meh... its pretty boring. There might be a little more to it than I saw after playing it for 15 minutes, but it just doesnt feel very interesting to me.

LT.Schaffer
08-15-06, 09:50 PM
out of those
i would take Myst 3 Exile&Ravenshield
those i can say are both great games[IMO ofcourse]

|MaguS|
08-15-06, 09:58 PM
I used mine for Eve and Commandos.

Marvel_us
08-15-06, 10:01 PM
This reminds me.....I think I have points left.

I used mine for CoR but you already have it.:o

CaptNKILL
08-15-06, 10:38 PM
I just played the 60 minute trial of Daemonica and it actually seems pretty cool. Its not real exciting but it has a great atmosphere and the dialog isnt that bad at all really. Its extremely well written and the story is awesome. The graphics are a little bland, but it runs good. The sounds are also not that interesting but the music is good.

I think I might get it.

The one thing that sucks about hitpoints is that you dont get the boxes or CDs... I like to have those for any games I really enjoy. Especially the memorable adventure games or RPGs.

How do the hitpoints games work? Is it like a Steam type thing or do they just give you an installer with a serial number? Also, do normal patches work with hipoints games? I know things like Direct2Drive usually need their own updates.

|MaguS|
08-15-06, 10:41 PM
How do the hitpoints games work? Is it like a Steam type thing or do they just give you an installer with a serial number?

Theres no serial usually, What it is a download of executable and just run and install it.

Marvel_us
08-15-06, 10:45 PM
I think the patches you get from D2D. There is a link for patches in the hitpoints section.

CaptNKILL
08-15-06, 10:54 PM
I think the patches you get from D2D. There is a link for patches in the hitpoints section.
Ahh I see that now.

They dont seem to have one on that list for Daemonica. It has a normal 1.1 patch.

Maybe the downloadable version is already updated.

Marvel_us
08-15-06, 11:00 PM
I'm not really sure about that, you should be able to see which patch it has though.

I was thinking of getting theif but I only have 300 points left.:(

CaptNKILL
08-15-06, 11:32 PM
I'm not really sure about that, you should be able to see which patch it has though.

I was thinking of getting theif but I only have 300 points left.:(
It says version 1.0 on the game's hitpoints page.

That kinda sucks...

I wish you could just use the normal patches on these games.

|MaguS|
08-15-06, 11:35 PM
sometimes you can, depends on the game really.

CaptNKILL
08-15-06, 11:44 PM
sometimes you can, depends on the game really.
Hmm... I guess its worth a shot. The patch only fixes a few minor problems.

This game does look pretty interesting.

|MaguS|
08-15-06, 11:48 PM
Im thinking about getting Demonica right now but Gamespot really doesn't make it sound too good. Civ 3 is another choice...

CaptNKILL
08-16-06, 12:43 AM
Im thinking about getting Demonica right now but Gamespot really doesn't make it sound too good. Civ 3 is another choice...
Yeah gamespots score is by far the lowest of any review site. Most of the others are in the 7.5\75% range.

To be honest, the dialog isnt nearly as bad as they say. It sounds fine to me. I guess if I was british I might be irritated at someone doing a poor british accent, but it sounds find to me.

Try the demo out though, I got a basic idea of how it plays and it seems cool. I didnt do any fighting in the demo, most of the 60 minute trial time (yeah, its a trial) was spent reading and talking to people.

Its not an action game at all. Its more like a point and click adventure game in a real-time 3d world.

The story and writing are excellent though. In fact, I'm thinking this had to come from a novel.

Rayman1968
08-16-06, 07:39 AM
I've never even heard of the 'hitpoints' before, but now that I check I have 1,000 of them. Not sure what to get...