PDA

View Full Version : help with DFI lanparty NF4 UT SLI-DR

D4rthfaceman
08-16-06, 01:37 PM
i was wondering if the above motherboard has the four holes around the socket that will allow me to water cool my CPU (AMD 4000+) i wanted to ask before i tried to get my heatsink off 1. cause id probably mess something up 2. i dont have any thermal paste on hand....
ty

schuey74
08-16-06, 01:50 PM
I'm watercooling on that same mobo and my waterblock (Apogee) fit perfectly into the factory bracket which only uses two screws.

D4rthfaceman
08-16-06, 07:59 PM
where did you get you water block?

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/Cooler/Retail/CL-P0268/cl-p0268.asp i was also thinking of something like this but i would get a water block if i water cooled my graphics card (80 degrees celcius after 3dmark06 : - ( )

grey_1
08-16-06, 08:17 PM
i was wondering if the above motherboard has the four holes around the socket that will allow me to water cool my CPU (AMD 4000+) i wanted to ask before i tried to get my heatsink off 1. cause id probably mess something up 2. i dont have any thermal paste on hand....
ty

Your going to want thermal paste for your water block as well. Have you hooked up water before?

D4rthfaceman
08-16-06, 08:36 PM
no i havnt. im researching a bunch of stuff now but its hard to find good stuff that will work with the other things. i know i need the paste for the water block i just didnt want to take off my heatsink cause i dont have any new paste to put it back on with

grey_1
08-17-06, 02:26 AM
no i havnt. im researching a bunch of stuff now but its hard to find good stuff that will work with the other things. i know i need the paste for the water block i just didnt want to take off my heatsink cause i dont have any new paste to put it back on with

Yeah, I did a ton of research before I hooked mine up, still made mistakes:p Check out this http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/watercooling_polarflo/index.shtml

Some really good tips and info there. Good luck man!