PDA

View Full Version : 6800gs dual monitor

cwftex
08-16-06, 10:03 PM
I am trying to set up a dual monitor system on my 6800gs using the nvidia drivers, and I can get both monitors detected fine, but I can only have 1 wide desktop that stretches across both screens. My friend has a set up that has 1 complete desktop on one screen and a second screen with no taskbar, and only the desktop background on it. YOu are able to drag windows to the second one ,but the taskbar does not stretch. Is there a way to configure this with the nvidia drivers? or do I need to get a 3rd party program to do this? any help much appreciated.

stncttr908
08-16-06, 10:18 PM
This is the default DualView setting with my 6800GT and the 91.31 driver set. I didn't think there was a way to stretch the taskbar to both.

gid
08-18-06, 12:14 PM
Ultramon will give you a taskbar on your second monitor, also allows you to stretch wallpaper, this is what I use, but unfortunately it's not free.

There's a free one out there as well, but it had some serious problems that last time I used it.

stncttr908
08-18-06, 03:11 PM
Does UltraMon play nice with nView?

Xevious
08-18-06, 07:37 PM
There are two different modes for doing a two monitor system with horizontal spanning, in the drivers for nview mode, if you do Dual View, then you can put the monitors in whatever arange ment you want and just have a taskbar on one, and games/etc other stuff will only go on the main one, the next option is to use "horizontal span" mode, which basically makes the OS see both monitors as a single high resolution monitor, and then your task bar and everything would be on both monitors, and your backround would be stretched between both monitors

leafo
08-18-06, 09:06 PM
I have a question relating to this. when in dualview mode (the one with taskbar only on one monitor) and while playing a fullscreen game is it possible to get the mouse to go to the other monitor to control the applications there without alt tabbing out of the running game?

stncttr908
08-18-06, 10:13 PM
Not that I know of, since the application you switch to takes focus and therefore minimizes the game.

Xevious
08-18-06, 11:06 PM
only games that support alt-tabbing without minimizing allow that, I only know of one, stepmaniaonline, so not very many.