PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Arms (360 game)

Pages : [1] 2

Zelda_fan
08-16-06, 11:57 PM
check out these videos:
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747936/vids_1.html

check out this preview:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/725/725797p1.html

This game actually looks like a pretty good RPG. It releases in two weeks and I'm probably going to buy it. After watching the videos, the combat system is unique, challenging, and fun. All this game needs is a solid storyline and characters, and MS may have a Final Fantasy killer on their hands.

Quickstar
08-17-06, 12:35 AM
Yikes! Horrible graphics.

I usually expect these asian themed games to have really great graphics. Asian games are all about art, and you need those crisp textures to bring it out. Like in Ghost in the Shell 2. Extremely great visuals and art directing. BTW, thats a movie.

Zelda_fan
08-17-06, 12:42 AM
Yikes! Horrible graphics.

I usually expect these asian themed games to have really great graphics. Asian games are all about art, and you need those crisp textures to bring it out. Like in Ghost in the Shell 2. Extremely great visuals and art directing. BTW, thats a movie.

Did you even watch the videos? The graphics look incredible. Yeah, the screenshots look like straight ass, but I think that was from an earlier build or something.

oldsk00l
08-17-06, 12:51 AM
Did you even watch the videos? The graphics look incredible. Yeah, the screenshots look like straight ass, but I think that was from an earlier build or something.

I'd have to agree, they bumped up the textures quite a bit and the light seems to look good in this game. The screenshots the lack of proper volume maps or parallax mapping makes it all look flat and the character detail looked like ass. In the video however, I would freeze frame it and see tons of extra detail and very properly applied motion blur.

Very nice highlights on the sweaty portions of skin as well, very carefully done. It doesn't look "real" but it does look good.

As for the art style and how it looks like it will play, I think I'll probably really enjoy this game.

Zelda_fan
08-17-06, 12:58 AM
As for the art style and how it looks like it will play, I think I'll probably really enjoy this game.

The combat system looks very well done. The "grid" based attacks is something I've never seen in any game before.

My biggest beef so far is with that faggot blond guy who plays the saxaphone.

"You ready for this!" (in a really gay lisp voice) then blows on his freakin horn.

msxyz
08-17-06, 02:41 AM
I've this game on pre-order. Release date for EU should be around mid-september

Marvel_us
08-17-06, 09:04 AM
Heh, funny because 1up said this game was asstastic when they previewed it a couple months back. Seems like the devs made some pretty good improvements since then.

EvilEye
08-17-06, 02:27 PM
Can't wait for this game :) . Finally a game worth buying. (popcorn)

ralinn
08-17-06, 02:39 PM
Pre-ordered it a while ago. The battle system is like a cross between FF Tactics and Grandia 2 kinda...

But I'm definitely cancelling my order now that there's a chance of a "Faggot" being in it. :wtf:

Zelda_fan
08-17-06, 02:40 PM
Heh, funny because 1up said this game was asstastic when they previewed it a couple months back. Seems like the devs made some pretty good improvements since then.

Honestly I'm shocked this game has gone under the radar as much as it has. IGN got thier hands on the English build of it, and has so far said great things about it.

The Asian build (Japenese with English subtitles) has been out for some time, so I did a little research on some reviews for it. Judging by the screenshots, this game look phenominal.

Lfctony
08-17-06, 02:58 PM
This game has gotten below average reviews... I was interested at first but decided against it after reading about it.

Zelda_fan
08-17-06, 03:00 PM
This game has gotten below average reviews... I was interested at first but decided against it after reading about it.

...from Japan where MS has absolutly no foothold on. Wait until the American reviews come out.

Toss3
08-17-06, 03:01 PM
Honestly I'm shocked this game has gone under the radar as much as it has. IGN got thier hands on the English build of it, and has so far said great things about it.

The Asian build (Japenese with English subtitles) has been out for some time, so I did a little research on some reviews for it. Judging by the screenshots, this game look phenominal.
I have to agree that the game looks good, but no rpg can beat FF and that's a fact. I'll probably be getting this game since it's the closest thing to FF on the xbox360 so far. The battlesystem reminds me of front mission somewhat. The environments look good, but really dull if I may say so. :( They've used high res textures, but the creativity of the battle-environments is just lacking. Another thing that jumped at me was the way the bosses seemed so small, in FF they're always big and cool, but now they look more or less tiny from the above viewpoint(you'll hopefully be able to change viewpoints in the game and note that this is a conclusion drawn only from the videos, so they might actually turn out to be much cooler). And what's up with that gay blond guy? :D

Zelda_fan
08-17-06, 03:04 PM
I actually read in a preview that several bosses are enormous (the reason you can change camera angles is due to the shear size of the bosses).

But I'd have to agree with you. I'd be shocked if this game was better or even of par with FF.

Toss3
08-17-06, 03:05 PM
...from Japan where MS has absolutly no foothold on. Wait until the American reviews come out.
So you're saying that only because it's out on the xbox360 it is getting bad reviews? That sounds too lame to be true. The japanese are the ones to listen to when it comes to rpg games like this one, since they usually dig these kind of games. But yeah, I'll wait for more reviews until I decide whether I'm gonna get it or not. :)

Zelda_fan
08-17-06, 03:17 PM
So you're saying that only because it's out on the xbox360 it is getting bad reviews? That sounds too lame to be true. The japanese are the ones to listen to when it comes to rpg games like this one, since they usually dig these kind of games. But yeah, I'll wait for more reviews until I decide whether I'm gonna get it or not. :)

I actually a review from the Asian version (Japnenese acting with english subtitles)
http://www.enchanted-arms.com/review1.php

You have IGN saying this game is shaping up to change the face of RPGs on the XBOX, then you have Japan saying it is subpar.

Which is right? I don't know, but I will be buying this game. Do I expect it to be one of the greatest RPGs of all time and top FF? No. But I do expect it to be a great RPG and enjoy it throughly.

Toss3
08-17-06, 03:37 PM
I actually a review from the Asian version (Japnenese acting with english subtitles)
http://www.enchanted-arms.com/review1.php

You have IGN saying this game is shaping up to change the face of RPGs on the XBOX, then you have Japan saying it is subpar.

Which is right? I don't know, but I will be buying this game. Do I expect it to be one of the greatest RPGs of all time and top FF? No. But I do expect it to be a great RPG and enjoy it throughly.
Well the good thing is that we have xbox live and there is prolly going to be a demo out before the release(just guessing here), so that we can draw our own conclusions. I'm actually thinking about getting this game for the same reasons as you, but I guess it's not going to be relased in Europe any time soon. :( I hate it when you live in Europe, some things like games being released later than on any other continent just makes you feel like you would be living in deep Africa and I bet they get the games before we do. :o

Zelda_fan
08-17-06, 11:51 PM
Well the good thing is that we have xbox live and there is prolly going to be a demo out before the release(just guessing here), so that we can draw our own conclusions. I'm actually thinking about getting this game for the same reasons as you, but I guess it's not going to be relased in Europe any time soon. :( I hate it when you live in Europe, some things like games being released later than on any other continent just makes you feel like you would be living in deep Africa and I bet they get the games before we do. :o

Does Europe have the same region code as America? ie could you buy the thing from America and have it shipped to Europe?

Quickstar
08-18-06, 12:24 AM
Yea, it does look much better in motion.

Lfctony
08-18-06, 12:46 AM

No... I am not Japanese. :)
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928678.asp?q=enchanted

Gamerankings has only English speaking reviews in its database.

Zelda_fan
08-18-06, 01:13 AM
No... I am not Japanese. :)
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928678.asp?q=enchanted

Gamerankings has only English speaking reviews in its database.

Are you kidding me, I wouldn't trust those reviews further than you can throw a brick. I typically read IGN and Gamespot, and that's about it. By far the most professional reviews out there.

Lfctony
08-18-06, 01:15 AM
Yeah, sure, but you still get an idea... I am expecting more reliable review sites untill my final judgement, but I don't expect the scores to differ that much.

Zelda_fan
08-18-06, 01:22 AM
Yeah, sure, but you still get an idea... I am expecting more reliable review sites untill my final judgement, but I don't expect the scores to differ that much.

Well one review ragged on the voice acting - which will obviosuly change completely due to the localization.

Lfctony
08-18-06, 01:58 AM
Well one review ragged on the voice acting - which will obviosuly change completely due to the localization.

Personally, I'm waiting for Mass Effect. An RPG using the Unreal 3 engine, made by Bioware. :) Yikes...

msxyz
08-18-06, 02:18 AM
Does Europe have the same region code as America? ie could you buy the thing from America and have it shipped to Europe?
It's left to the publisher to enforce region coding or not. Some games are "region free", some are not.