PDA

View Full Version : Final PS3 Dev Kit

Marvel_us
08-17-06, 08:52 AM
Teh PS3 is Real! :p

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152911

Mr_LoL
08-17-06, 09:31 AM
Looks good so far. I hope we get third party controllers with a rumble feature built in though.

S.I.N
08-17-06, 10:18 AM
Now thats how the retail version should look.

evilchris
08-17-06, 11:18 AM
Is Master Sony says you don't need rumble, YOU DON'T NEED RUMBLE!~

oldsk00l
08-17-06, 11:30 AM
Rumble is just a fad, and the design was INTENDED to lack rumble.

Kinda like when Kutaragi said that the japanese PSP's button being fuxX0r3d by being too close to the screen...they meant to do that...er....yeah...because the design is always perfect when it comes from Sony...

Mr_LoL
08-17-06, 11:58 AM
I think rumble is a good feature to have especially in upcoming games like motorstorm. You will have been able to feel bits of gravel through the controller.

PeterJensen
08-17-06, 01:42 PM
Rumble is a must in PGR3 imo and other racing games and it SUCKS that the PS3 dont have it. Thats a fact.

shungokusatsu
08-17-06, 02:44 PM
Clearer image:

http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/8922/1yd6.jpg

ralinn
08-17-06, 02:48 PM
Now thats how the retail version should look.
What?!

it looks like a friggin VHS!

But as a devkit I don't really care. As long as it's easy to use and does the job.

evilchris
08-17-06, 04:46 PM
You know what it would be great if it looked that. Would disappear nicely into my rack and not stick out like a sore thumb saying HEY LOOK AT ME IM A GAME CONSOLE. You're supposed to look at the display device not the component. Distractions suck. Components should have the ability to completely turn off the display, any LED's, all of it.

Bad_Boy
08-17-06, 05:06 PM
don't really get what you mean.
i'm not sure the ps3 has any bright leds, the ps2 had leds but hardly a distraction.

|MaguS|
08-17-06, 05:09 PM
I think what evilchris means is that the consoles should be made so that they dont look like consoles but rather blend into the entertainment center... I would tend to agree. Thats why I like the PS2's design so much, put it vertically and next to my TV and it almost disappears.... the X360 and other consoles stick out like a sore thumb... and the PS3 will aswell...

evilchris
08-17-06, 05:13 PM
Exactly. X360 has the freaking green lights. OoooOo LOOK AT ME I HAEV GREEN LIGHTS!11 PLUG IN MORE CONTROLLERS AND ILL GIVE YOU MORE GREEN LIGHTSS!!! QUIT WATCHING THE GAMEE!!!

They're pointless. The goal is to dim the lights and watch/play your material. Not have the USS Enterprise bridge in your field of view.

Bad_Boy
08-17-06, 05:14 PM
I see what you mean. I suppose he has a point there. Guess I never thought about it like that. Doesnt bother me as much I guess.
at the end of the day, they still are consoles.

ralinn
08-17-06, 05:21 PM
Personally, I don't see what's wrong with a bit of presentation. The green lights are there to show the user what's going on. We all know what's going on when they go red. But if you'd prefer to look at the lights rather then the game - that's your call :)

S.I.N
08-17-06, 05:38 PM
What?!

it looks like a friggin VHS!

But as a devkit I don't really care. As long as it's easy to use and does the job.

Well I'am heavy into HT/AV equipment and designes like that with lights and all type of imputs just appeals to me. But after seeing it more clearly now it doesnt look as good as I first though but still appealing to me.