PDA

View Full Version : New PS3 Launch Title: F.E.A.R.

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
08-17-06, 12:36 PM
It's just been announced that F.E.A.R. will be coming to the PS3 at the systems launch with exclusive PS3 only content.

So uber! 3 Versions for me to love!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6155911.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

S.I.N
08-17-06, 01:23 PM
So I guess those mixed feelings you had about the 360 version is now gone huh?(pirate)

Zelda_fan
08-17-06, 01:36 PM
PS3 screens:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/fear/screenindex.html

XBOX360 screens:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/fear/screenindex.html

is it just me or will the 360 version blow the PS3 away graphically.

|MaguS|
08-17-06, 01:40 PM
So I guess those mixed feelings you had about the 360 version is now gone huh?(pirate)

Have to see it in motion... will probably buy both versions since im a ***** for FEAR.

Graphically they look the same but the screens posted are too different to really judge it well. Im just waiting to see the difference between the PC and Console versions since they claim to add HDR and new effects but the videos and shots don't look any different other then lower resolution textures.

Bad_Boy
08-17-06, 02:12 PM
looks like cvg was right...
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=958825&postcount=25

and btw, those screens are not frame buffer shots.

msxyz
08-17-06, 02:13 PM
So Monolith is porting their new engine to the PS3, too ?

I wonder if this time they are making serious efforts about trying to license their technology. The past Litech "Jupiter" was hardly a success. I don't think it was ever used outside some in-house Sierra games.

Aside for some low cost, cross platform alternatives the scene seems to be completely dominated by Epic engines. Not even the Quake 3 engine enjoyed such a strong grip on the market

|MaguS|
08-17-06, 02:49 PM
So Monolith is porting their new engine to the PS3, too ?

I wonder if this time they are making serious efforts about trying to license their technology. The past Litech "Jupiter" was hardly a success. I don't think it was ever used outside some in-house Sierra games.

Aside for some low cost, cross platform alternatives the scene seems to be completely dominated by Epic engines. Not even the Quake 3 engine enjoyed such a strong grip on the market

Monolith has no part in these ports...

Peoples-Agent
08-17-06, 05:55 PM
PS3 screens:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/fear/screenindex.html

XBOX360 screens:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/fear/screenindex.html

is it just me or will the 360 version blow the PS3 away graphically.

The PS3 screenies look very unpolished and to be blunt, very beta'ish.
I'd be suprised if that was the final product, just lacking alot of detail in the textures.

Gaco
08-17-06, 05:59 PM
ZOMG Fe4R i$ COm1NG +o t3h p$3, 1'M g0Nn@ GEt oNE fOr $ur3!!!111

No wait...

SH64
08-17-06, 07:33 PM
The PS3 screenies look very unpolished and to be blunt, very beta'ish.
I'd be suprised if that was the final product, just lacking alot of detail in the textures.
Agreed. textures look crappy in comparsion to the PC version .. maybe its still in early stages as you said.

Ninja Prime
08-17-06, 09:21 PM
Sweet, now I can play games I've had for months with my PC on PS3, when it comes out in 3 months, what a highly important announcement that carries such weight.

/sarcasm detector explodes

Mr_LoL
08-18-06, 02:11 AM
ZOMG Fe4R i$ COm1NG +o t3h p$3, 1'M g0Nn@ GEt oNE fOr $ur3!!!111

No wait...
Looks like you have caught the Idiots disease of not being able to post properly.

Gaco
08-18-06, 04:57 AM
Looks like you have caught the Idiots disease of not being able to post properly.

I call it an alternative way of expressing my total feeling of apathy regarding FEAR being a launch title for PS3. One might as well have told me "dude Half-Life 2 is coming for teh PS3, cool stuff huh". I found that to be more interesting than just writing "who the f... cares??" :p

H3avyM3tal
08-18-06, 08:42 AM
I agree with Gaco. I wont buy this FEAR for sure (well, most likely not), cuz I played FEAR on the pc... Give me something totally new!
Whats with all these ports... Oh well, you gotta wait for the good stuff I guess...

Marvel_us
08-18-06, 09:28 AM
Yea sure, most of us have rigs that can play FEAR but a lot do not. This is directed toward them. It's not like there was some big press announcement for it so I don't see the problem.

toxikneedle
08-18-06, 12:01 PM
Apparently the new OXM has a FEAR demo on the demo disk.

zoomy942
08-18-06, 12:04 PM
meh. thats all i can say

ENU291
08-18-06, 07:20 PM
Apparently the new OXM has a FEAR demo on the demo disk.
Did you get your copy in the mail yet?

GamerGuyX
08-18-06, 07:28 PM
A friend of mine told me there was a Mercenaries 2 demo in one of the new issues of Official Xbox magazine.

Bad_Boy
08-18-06, 07:31 PM
I doubt it, that game is far from complete. I dont even know if they have a publisher.

GamerGuyX
08-18-06, 07:44 PM
I doubt it, that game is far from complete. I dont even know if they have a publisher.

That's exactly what I told him.

This whole F.E.A.R. demo in Official Xbox magazine situation just reminded me of it...

|MaguS|
08-18-06, 07:47 PM

Nope, No publisher as of yet... hell as of right now Pademic has only confirmed (but most likely going to X360 aswell) that the game will be releasing for the PS3...

ENU291
08-19-06, 04:55 PM
I just played the demo of FEAR for the 360 and I have to say that I'm impressed. It plays silky smooth and has no low res textures to speak of. It also looks like 4X AA was applied as well. There is a learning curve to the controls since every single button, both analog sticks and the D pad are used. All in all an awesome port and a must buy for anyone who hasn't experience this top notch title.

toxikneedle
08-19-06, 05:16 PM
I sometimes feel like I'm the last one to get OXMs, I'm never signing up for that piece of crap again, the demoes are hardly worth it.

Arioch
08-19-06, 06:41 PM
I sometimes feel like I'm the last one to get OXMs, I'm never signing up for that piece of crap again, the demoes are hardly worth it.

Same here - always get mine late and even missed a month and got two issues at once after that. I will tell them to fork off when my renewal comes up.