PDA

View Full Version : Motherboard Tools

The Bigman
08-17-06, 06:44 PM
Back in the day we used a program called Quicktek which tests mobos to see if their is any corks with em like bad DMA controllers or bad pci slots or even an bad regulated board.

What is out their to test boards today becausei i want ot know if this ASUS P5N32 has corks or just a bad install of windows.

The reason i ask because all though now everything is ok i just don't trust this board for some reason since day one. If it aint on thing its another.

I want hard fact if the board is good or defective.

Bearclaw
08-17-06, 06:50 PM
I'm not sure what programs there are but if it still under warranty just RMA and get a new one anyway. Why not?

The Bigman
08-17-06, 07:22 PM
Thats the easy way but pulling the board out with watercooling and all the stuff installed it kinda is annoying.

Bearclaw
08-17-06, 07:44 PM
It may be annoying but it will be worth it when you have a new motherboard - defective free (We hope).

crainger
08-17-06, 07:57 PM
It may be annoying but it will be worth it when you have a new motherboard - defective free (We hope).

QFT

The Bigman
08-17-06, 09:06 PM
Ive read alot of the ASUS P5N32 having alot of bugs with it, although a great board just has bugs wiht it.

And thats why i want to find out if their is a bad regualtor or flacky resource or even bad memory controller but wouldn't be noticable if those were bad i mean can't install os ram error up the ying yang and even a no post.

To many factors that need some serious testing.

Bit i have seen strange things though. I had an ASUS A7V133 rev2 years ago and i had tested this thing with memtest 24 hours straight winbench for 24 house and even a burn in test from winteck which runs loops across the board and ram cpu and HD for stability but when i was browsing around windows 98 or 2k at the time i would just hard lock out of nowhere no errors just hard lock even no heat either every card was fine from ram to vga.